DYNAMICS OF THE VEGETATIVE AND GENERATIVE SPHERE OF HYPERICUM PERFORATUM L. РOPULATIONS
The article presents the results of research on growth dynamics, formation and reproduction of six typical model populations of Hypericum perforatum L. in various types of vegetative groups located in the valley of the Psel River (Sumska oblast), as well as an assessment of their stability under conditions of mowing and cattle grazing. It was established that the population density of H. perforatum ranged from 3 to 12, but sometimes 20-30 individuals/m2, the maximum was under the conditions of random mowing. The height of generative individuals also differed significantly, varying from 35 to 76 cm. The average weight of the above-ground part varied from 2.75 to 10.1 g. The minimum indicators of the vegetative sphere were noted in populations used as hayfields, pastures, as well as in agrophytocenoses. The maximum indicators were noted in populations that were not subjected to anthropogenic influences at all or almost. The above-mentioned parameters characterizing the vegetative sphere of plants differed in variability – their values depended on ecological, coenotical and anthropogenic conditions. Thus, the amount of photosynthetic effort (LWR, %) of individuals of the studied populations was different. This indicator was the highest in populations that were under mowing and without anthropogenic influence, and the lowest in agrophytocenoses and under conditions of systematic grazing. In general, it was noted that the optimal values of indicators of the vegetative sphere of H. perforatum were observed under conditions of moderate or irregular anthropogenic influence. The parameters of the generative sphere of individuals of H. perforatum were characterized by more significant changes. The maximum and minimum parameters of vegetative structures differed by approximately 2.1 times, and those of generative structures – by 4.6 times. Statistically significant differences in the number, mass of generative organs and reproductive effort of plants as a whole were observed between H. perforatum populations. Also, as a result of research, a statistically significant correlation was established between the height of plants and the productivity of above-ground dry weight. During the flowering period, the correlation coefficient was + 0.84. This made it possible to predict the raw material productivity of plants based on the average height of the shoots. Under the conditions of the studied region – the valley of the Psel River within Sumska oblast, the forecast of raw material productivity (HRM – Herbal Raw Materials, g) by plant height (h, cm) with a reliability of 95% can be calculated according to the equation: HRM = 0.167h – 3, 28.
2. Atlas travianykh biotopiv Ukrainy (2022). [Atlas of herbal biotopes of Ukraine] (2022). Pid zah. red. A.A. Kuzemko. Druk Art, Chernivtsi, 244 (in Ukrainian).
3. Bondarieva L.M., & Bilan S.S. (2010). Porivnialnyi analiz vitalitetnoi strukury populiatsii tsenozoutvoriuiuchykh zlakiv na terytoriiakh zakaznykiv zaplavy richky Suly ta na ta na diliankakh iz antropohennym vykorystanniam. [Comparative analysis of the vital structure of populations of pricing cereals in the territories of the reserves of the Sula River floodplain and in areas with anthropogenic use]. Visnyk Sumskoho natsionalnoho ahrarnoho universytetu. Seriia «Ahronomiia ta biolohiia», 4(19), 15–21 (in Ukrainian).
4. Cirak, C., Seyis, F., Özcan, A., & Yurteri, E. (2022). Ontogenetic changes in phenolic contents and volatile composition of Hypericum androsaemum and Hypericum xylosteifolium. Biochemical Systematics and Ecology, 102, 104429.
5. Derzhavna farmakopeia Ukrainy. 1-e vydannia, Dopovnennia 2. [State Pharmacopoeia of Ukraine. 1-st edition, Supplement 2 (2008)]. Kharkiv, DP «Naukovo-ekspertnyi farmakopeinyi tsentr», 620 (in Ukrainian).
6. Didukh Ya. P. (2018). Biotop yak systema: struktura, dynamika, ekosystemni posluhy. [Biotope as a system: structure, dynamics, and ecosystem services]. Ukrainskyi botanichnyi zhurnal, 2018, 75(5), 405–420 (in Ukrainian). doi: 10.15407/ukrbotj75.05.405
7. Goran, M. Petrović, Marija, D. Ilić, Vesna, P. Stankov-Jovanović, Gordana, S. Stojanović & Snežana, Č. Jovanović (2018). Phytochemical analysis of Saponaria officinalis L. shoots and flowers essential oils. Natural Product Research, 32(3), 331–334. doi: 10.1080/14786419.2017.1350668.
8. Grime, J.P. (1979). Plant strategies and vegetation processes. N.Y., 222.
9. Hamilton, AC. (2004). Medicinal plants, conservation and livelihoods. Biodivers Conserv, 13(8), 1477–1517. doi: 10.1023/b:bioc.0000021333.23413.42.
10. Heidari Sureshjani, Z., Karimzadeh, G., & Rashidi Monfared, S. (2022). The first in vitro study of seed dormancy breakage in Iranian populations of St. John’s Wort (Hypericum perforatum) with different geographical origins. Iranian Journal of Seed Research, 9(1), 59–74.
11. Hunt, R. (1978). Plant growth analysis. Arnold, London.
12. Kovalenko, I.M., Klymenko, G.O., Melnychuk, S.D., Skliar, Iu.L., Melnyk, O.S., Kyrylchuk, K.S., Bondarieva, L.M., Zubtsova, I.V., Yaroshchuk, R.A., Zherdetska, S.V. (2020). Potential adaptation of Ginkgo biloba – comparative analysis of plants from China and Ukraine. Ukrainian Journal of Ecology, 10(6), 329–337. doi: 10.15421/2020_301
13. Kravchuk, L.V. (2020). Vitalitetna struktura tsenopopuliatsii Hypericum perforatum L. v umovakh Shostkynskoho heobotanichnoho raionu Sumskoi oblasti (Ukraina) [Vitality structure of coenopopulations of Hypericum perforatum L. in the conditions of the Shostka geobotanical district of the Sumy region (Ukraine)]. Materialy 1-yi Mizhnarodnoi naukovopraktychnoi konferentsii «Priorytetni napriamy rozvytku nauky i tekhniky». Kyiv, Ukraina, 102−106 (in Ukrainian).
14. Kuzemko, A.A. & Kozyr, M.S. (2011). Syntaksonomichni zminy luchnoi roslynnosti zaplavy richky Seim na terytorii Ukrainy [Syntaxonomic changes of the meadow vegetation on the Seim River floodplain in Ukraine]. Ukrainskyi botanichnyi zhurnal, 68(2), 216–226 (in Ukrainian).
15. Kwiecień, I., Miceli, N., Kędzia, E., Cavò, E., Taviano, M. F., Beerhues, L., & Ekiert, H. (2023). Different Types of Hypericum perforatum cvs.(Elixir, Helos, Topas) In Vitro Cultures: A Rich Source of Bioactive Metabolites and Biological Activities of Biomass Extracts. Molecules, 28(5), 2376.
16. Kyrylchuk, K. S. (2014). Populiatsiina struktura Medicago falcata L. na zaplavnykh lukakh Lisostepovoi zony v umovakh pasovyshchnykh ta sinokisnykh navantazhen. [Populations of Medicago falcata L. on flood plains in the foreststeppe zone in conditions of pasture and hay grazing]. Visnyk Kharkivskoho natsionalnoho universytetu imeni V. N. Karazina. Seriia «Biolohiia», 20 (1100), 305–314 (in Ukrainian).
17. Kyslichenko, V. S.; Lenchik, L. V.; Novosel O. M.; Kuznietsova, V. Yu.; Hurieva, I. G.; Burda, N. E.; Stepanova, S. I.; Popyk, A. I.; Kyslichenko, O. A.; Tartynska, H. S.; Burlaka, I. S.; Musiienko, K. S. (2015). Resurstvoznavstvo likarskykh roslyn: posibn. dlia stud. spetsialnosti "Farmatsiia". [Resource science of medicinal plants: manual. for students special «Pharmacy»]. Kharkiv, NFaU, 136 (in Ukrainian).
18. Liu, WJH. (2011). Traditional Herbal Medicine Research Methods: Identification, Analysis, Bioassay, and Pharmaceutical and Clinical Studies. N.J., John Wiley Sons Inc., 488.
19. Lucas, S. A. (2023). A Simple Drone Survey and Image Processing Approach to Identifying St. John's Wort (Hypericum perforatum) on Grazing Land in the Hunter Valley NSW, Australia.
20. Martino, E., Ramaiola, I., Urbano, M., Bracco, F. & Collina, S. (2006). Microwave-assisted extraction of coumarin and related compounds from Melilotus officinalis (L.) Pallas as an alternative to Soxhlet and ultrasound-assisted extraction. Journal of Chromatography A. 1125(2), 147–151. doi: 10.1016/j.chroma.2006.05.032
21. Minarchenko, V. N. (2000). Medicinal plant resources in Ukraine. Melbourne, Bayda Books, 3–7.
22. Minarchenko, V., Futorna, O., Tymchenko, I., Dvirna, T. (2020). Palynomorphological peculiarities of species Hypericum L. (Hypericaceae) of the flora of Ukraine. Biolohichni systemy, 12. 298–307. doi: 10.31861/biosystems2020.02.298.
23. Pirvu, L., Nicorescu, I., Hlevca, C., Albu, B. & Nicorescu, V. (2017). Burdock (Arctium lappa) Leaf Extracts Increase the In Vitro Antimicrobial Efficacy of Common Antibiotics on Gram-positive and Gram-negative Bacteria. Open Chemistry, 15(1), 92–102. doi: 10.1515/chem-2017-0012
24. Sherif, M. M., Elshikh, H. H., Abdel-Aziz, M. M., Elaasser, M. M., & Yosri, M. (2023). In Vitro Antibacterial and Phytochemical Screening of Hypericum perforatum Extract as Potential Antimicrobial Agents against Multi-Drug-Resistant (MDR) Strains of Clinical Origin. BioMed Research International, 2023.
25. Skliar, V., Kyrylchuk, K., Tykhonova, O., Bondarieva, L., Zhatova, H., Klymenko, A., Bashtovyi, M. & Zubtsova, I. (2020). Ontogenetic structure of populations of forest-forming species of the LeftBank Polissia of Ukraine. Baltic Forestry, 26(1): article ID 441. doi: 10.46490/BF441.
26. Skliar, V., Sherstuk, M. & Skliar, Iu. (2016). Аlgorithm of comprehensive assessment of individual’s morphological integration of plants contrast biomorfs. QUAERE 2016 (VI.): Interdisciplinary Scientific Conference for PhD students and assistance, 393–403.
27. Tsarenko, O. M., Zlobin, Yu. A., Skliar, V.H., & Panchenko, S. M. (2000). kompiuterni metody v silskomu hospodarstvi ta biolohii. [Computer methods in agriculture and biology]. Universytetska knyha, Sumy, 203 (in Ukrainian).
28. Zeb, Saddiqe; Ismat, Naeem; Alya, Maimoona (2010). A review of the antibacterial activity of Hypericum perforatum L., Journal of Ethnopharmacology, 131(3), 511–521. doi: 10.1016/j.jep.2010.07.034.
29. Zhou, W., Yang, S., Yang, L., Xiao, R., Chen, S., Wang, D. & Wang, Z. (2023). Genome-Wide Identification of the Hypericum perforatum WRKY Gene Family Implicates HpWRKY85 in Drought Resistance. International Journal of Molecular Sciences, 24(1), 352.
30. Zlobin, Yu., Kovalenko, I., Klymenko, H., Kyrylchuk, K., Bondarieva, L., Tykhonova, O. & Zubtsova, I. (2021). Vitality Analysis Algorithm in the Study of Plant Individuals and Populations. The Open Agriculture Journal, 15, 119–129. doi: 10.2174/1874331502115010119
31. Zlobin, Yu.A. (1997). Ekolohichni ososblyvosti klonovykh Roslyn. [Ecological features of clonal plants]. Ukrainskyi botanichnyi zhurnal, 54(2), 153–156 (in Ukranian).
32. Zlobin, Yu.A. (2018). Alhorytm otsinky vitalitetu osobyn roslyn i vitalitetnoi struktury fitopopuliatsii. [An algorithm for assessing the vitality of plant individuals and the vitality structure of phytopopulations]. Chornomorskyi botanichnyi zhurnal, 14(3), 213–226 (in Ukranian). doi: 10.14255/2308-9628/18.143/2
33. Zubtsova, I. (2017). Vitalitatna struktura tsenopopuliatsii Potentilla erecta (L.) Raeusch. na zaplavnykh lukakh Krolevetsko-Hlukhivskoho heobotanichnoho raionu. [Vitality structure of Potentilla erecta (L.) Raeusch. cenopopulations’ in Krolevets-Hlukhiv geobotanical region]. Visnyk Lvivskoho universytetu. Seriia biolohichna, 76, 112–119 (in Ukrainian).