FORMATION OF PLANTING MATERIAL SALIX MATSUDANA KOIDZ. FOR THE CREATION AND PLANNING OF FOREST PLANTATION PLANTS
It was found out that Sumy Region can join the real solution to the problem of energy saving and development of bioenergy within the framework of the creation of Matsuda energy willow plantations. In the process of research, the planning of growing and the effectiveness of using Matsuda energy willow for energy supply in the North-Eastern Forest Steppe of Ukraine is indicated, the perspective of growing, processing and using bioenergy crops in the Sumy region is proven. To realize the goal of the research, the following tasks were performed: scientific approaches to the study of energy saving and bioenergy problems were analyzed; the peculiarities of the natural resource potential of Sumy Region are considered; possible observations of the development and growth of the Matsuda willow were made; the real needs and possibilities of growing energy willow as a bioenergy crop in the Sumy region were investigated; Some technological measures for growing S. matsudana container planting material are considered in the work: for the creation of forest plantations. It has been proven that under the conditions of root propagation of the studied taxon, it is necessary to harvest microshoots before the bud swelling phase. It was established experimentally that the reproducibility of the cutting material is not affected by its thickness. It has been proven that as the cutting thickness increases (0.6-1.5 cm), the mass of planting material increases. When using microshoots with a thickness of 0.6 cm, the weight of plants was 54.13 g, and in the control – 191.12 g, which is 3.53 times less. In the process of research, the issue of the effect of the volume of the pot on the mass of the root system, the aerial part and the area of the leaf surface of the planting material was considered. When using pots with a volume of 0.75 l, the leaf surface area was 2471.3 cm2, which is 23.1% less than in the control (1.2 l). It was found that the substrate affects the quality indicators of the planting material of the studied taxon: the best biometric indicators were obtained under the conditions of using a highly nutritious substrate.
2. Evaristo, J., Kim, M., van Haren, J., Pangle, L. A., Harman, C. J., Troch, P. A. & McDonnell, J. J. (2019). Characterizing the fluxes and age distribution of soil water, plant water and deep percolation in a model tropical ecosystem, Water Resour. Res., 55, 3307–3327.
3. Evaristo, J., McDonnell, J. J., Scholl, M. A., Bruijnzeel, L. A. & Chun, K. P. (2016). Insights into plant water uptake from xylem-water isotope measurements in two tropical catchments with contrasting moisture conditions, Hydrol. Process., 30, 3210–3227.
4. Fuchylo, Y. D. & Sbytna, M. V. (2009) Verby Ukrayiny (biolohiya, ekolohiya, vykorystannya) [Willows of Ukraine (biology, ecology, use).] monograph Logos, K., 200 (in Ukrainian).
5. Fuchylo, Y. D., Onysʹkiv, M. I. & Sbytna, M. V. (2006) Biolohichni ta tekhnolohichni osnovy plantatsiynoho lisovyroshchuvannya [Biological and technological bases of plantation silviculture] NSC Institute of Agrarian Economics, 394 (in Ukrainian).
6. Hangfeng Wu, Jiayue Wang, Binbin Li, Yangjie Ou, Junran Wang, Qiuyue Shi, Wusheng Jiang, Donghua Liu & Jinhua Zou (2016) Salix matsudana Koidz Tolerance Mechanisms to Cadmium: Uptake and Accumulation, Subcellular Distribution, and Chemical Forms Pol. J. Environ. Stud., 25(4), 1739–1747 doi: doi:10.15244/pjoes/62715.
7. Hangfeng Wu, Jiayue Wang, Binbin Li, Yangjie Ou, Junran Wang, Qiuyue Shi, Wusheng Jiang, Donghua Liu & Jinhua Zou (2016) Salix matsudana Koidz Tolerance Mechanisms to Cadmium: Uptake and Accumulation, Subcellular Distribution, and Chemical Forms Pol. J. Environ. Stud., 25 (4), 1739–1747 doi: 10.15244/pjoes/62715.
8. Hangfeng Wu, Jiayue Wang, Binbin Li, Yangjie Ou, Wusheng Jiang, Donghua Liu & Jinhua Zou (2016). Uptake and Accumulation of Cadmium and Relative Gene Expression in Roots of Cd-resistant Salix matsudana Koidz Pol. J. Environ. Stud., 25(6), 2717–2723 doi:10.15244/pjoes/64083.
9. Ishchuk, L. P. (2013) Istoriya vyvchennya vydiv rodu Salix L. v Ukrayini ta perspektyvy yikh podalʹshykh doslidzhen [History of the study of species of the genus Salix L. in Ukraine and prospects for their further research.] Autochthonous and introduced plants of Ukraine: collection. of science works, 9, 18–22 (in Ukrainian).
10. Jinhua Zou, Gang Wang, Jing Ji, Jiayue Wang, Jie Ouyang & Binbin Li Cadmium’s (2018). Effect on the Organization of Microtubular Cytoskeleton in Root Tips Cells of Salix matsudana Koidz Pol. J. Environ. Stud., 27(2), 939–945 doi: 10.15244/pjoes/76031.
11. Jinhua Zou, Xiaoshuo Shang, Chonghao Li, Jie Ouyang, Binbin Li & Xiangjun Liu (2019). Effects of Cadmium on Mineral Metabolism and Antioxidant Enzyme Activities in Salix matsudana Koidz Pol. J. Environ. Stud.;28(2):989–999 doi: 10.15244/pjoes/81697.
12. Jongtae Lee, Jin-Seong Moon, Juyeon Kim, Gwi-Ok Park, Jin-Hyeuk Kwon, In-Jong Ha, Young-Seok, Kwon & Young-Ho, Chang (2020). Evaluation of onion cultivars as affected by bulb maturity and bulb characteristics of intermediateday yellow onions in South Korea. Horticultural Science and Biotechnology, 95, 645‒660. doi: 10.1080/14620316.2020.1742586.
13. Khudolyeyeva, L. V. (2016) Korotkorotatsiyni plantatsiyi topolʹ ta verb: pidkhody do znyzhennya vplyvu na hlobalʹni zminy klimatu [Short-rotation plantations of poplars and willows: approaches to reducing the impact on global climate change] Current problems of botany and ecology: materials of the International Conference of Young Scientists (June 29 – July 3). Kherson, 65–66 (in Ukrainian).
14. Kolesnichenko, O. V., Slyusar, S. I. & Yakobchuk, O. M. (2008) Metodychni rekomendatsiyi z rozmnozhennya derevnykh dekoratyvnykh roslyn Botanichnoho sadu NUBiP Ukrayiny [Methodical recommendations for the propagation of woody ornamental plants of the Botanical Garden of the NUBiP of Ukraine.]. NUES of Ukraine K., 55 (in Ukrainian).
15. Kosenko, Y. I. (2015). Current state and agro-technological principles of improvement of ornamental nurseries of Ukraine. Extended abstract of candidate’s thesis. Kyiv, 38–44 (in Ukrainian).
16. Kuntsʹo, I. O. & Humentyk, Y. (2013) Vyroshchuvannya enerhetychnoyi verby yak syrovyny dlya vyrobnytstva tverdykh vydiv biopalyva v umovakh Lisostepu Ukrayiny [Cultivation of energy willow as a raw material for the production of solid types of biofuel in the conditions of the Forest Steppe of Ukraine.] Scientific works of the Institute of Bioenergy Crops and Sugar Beet., 19, 59–62 (in Ukrainian).
17. Liu Guoyuan, Yixin Li, Junfeng Gao, Zhicong Feng, Hongyi Guo, Hang Zou, Xintong Chu, Yaqi Li, Yanhong Chen, Chunmei Yu, Fei Zhong, Hui Wei & Jian Zhang. (2021). "Detecting the Different Responses of Roots and Shoots to Gravity in Salix matsudana (Koidz)" Forests 12, 12, 1715. doi: 10.3390/f12121715.
18. Maurer, V. M. & Pinchuk, A. P. (2013) Stan ta yakistʹ robit iz vidtvorennya lisiv v Ukrayini ta shlyakhy yikh pokrashchennya Naukovyy visnyk Natsionalʹnoho universytetu bioresursiv i pryrodokorystuvannya Ukrayiny. [The state and quality of forest regeneration works in Ukraine and ways to improve them.] Scientific Bulletin of the National University of Bioresources and Nature Management of Ukraine. "Forestry and Ornamental Horticulture" series. Issue 187 (11), 328–334. (in Ukrainian).
19. Melnyk, A. & Tokman, V. (2021). Production of planting material Salix Matsudana Koidz. for plantation growing in the conditions of the north-eastern part of the forest steppe of Ukraine.S World Journal, 2(08–02), 95–104. doi: 10.30888/2663-5712.2021-08-02-022.
20. Miao, L. F., Xiao, F. J., Xu, W. & Yang, F. (2016) Reconstruction of wetland zones: Physiological and biochemical responses of Salix variegata to winter submergence-a case study from water level fluctuation zone of the Three Gorges Reservoir. Pol. J. Ecol., 64, 45–52.
21. Penna, D., Geris, J., Hopp, L. & Scandellari, F. (2020). Water sources for root water uptake: Using stable isotopes of hydrogen and oxygen as a research tool in agricultural and agroforestry systems, Agr. Ecosyst. Environ., 291, 106790, doi: 10.1016/j.agee.2019.106790.
22. Saifullan, S.N., Bibi, S., Ahmad ,M. & Ok, Y.S. (2014). Effectiveness of zinc application to minimize cadmium toxicity and accumulation in wheat (Triticum aestivum L.). Environ. Earth Sci. 71, 1663.
23. Vysotska, N. Y. (2014). Technologies and agrotechnics of creation of bioenergy plantations of poplars and willows in Ukraine. [Dosvid ta napratsjuvannja Ukraiinskogo NDI lisovogo gospodarstva ta agrolisomelioratsii im. G.M. Vysotskogo.]. Visnyk KNTUCG, 155, 122–126 (in Ukrainian).
24. Wang, J., Fu, B. J., Wang, L. X., Lu, N. & Li, J. Y. (2020). Water use characteristics of the common tree species in different plantation types in the Loess Plateau of China, Agr. Forest Meteorol., 288–289, 108020, doi: 10.1016/j.agrformet.2020.108020.
25. Xiang, W., Si, B. C., Biswas, A. & Li, Z. (2019). Quantifying dual recharge mechanisms in deep unsaturated zone of Chinese Loess Plateau using stable isotopes, Geoderma, 337, 773–781,
26. Xiaoshuo Shang, Wenxiu Xue, Yi Jiang & Jinhua Zou (2020) Effects of Calcium on the Alleviation of Cadmium Toxicity in Salix matsudana and Its Effects on Other Minerals Pol. J. Environ. Stud., 29(2), 2001–2010 doi: 10.15244/pjoes/109720.
27. Yang, F., Wang, Y. & Chan, Z. (2014) Perspectives on screening winter-flood-tolerant woody species in the riparian protection forests of the Three Gorges Reservoir. PLoS ONE, 9, e108725.
28. Zhao Y., Wang L., Knighton J., Evaristo J. & Wassen M. (2021). Contrasting adaptive strategies by Caragana korshinskii and Salix psammophila in a semiarid revegetated ecosystem, Agr. Forest Meteorol., 300, 108323, doi: 10.1016/j.agrformet.2021.108323.
29. Zhao, Y. & Wang, L. (2018). Plant water use strategy in response to spatial and temporal variation in precipitation patterns in China: a stable isotope analysis, Forests, 9, P. 123, doi: 10.3390/f9030123.
30. Zhao, Y. & Wang, L. (2021). Insights into the isotopic mismatch between bulk soil water and Salix matsudana Koidz trunk water from root water stable isotope measurements, Hydrol. Earth Syst. Sci., 25, 3975–3989, doi: 10.5194/hess-25-3975-2021