DEVELOPMENT OF DRY BREAKFASTS BASED ON DERIVATIVES OF CARROT PROCESSING
Dry breakfasts occupy an important niche in the Ukrainian and global consumer markets. A feature of these products is the speed of preparation, good taste and aroma properties and high energy value. Typically, dietary fiber supplements are added to breakfast cereals. Dietary fiber is found in large quantities in vegetables. Despite the wide range of this type of product, there are no dry breakfasts, which include vegetables. However, it is known that vegetables, in particular carrots (Daucus caróta), are very beneficial for the body. The purpose of this study is to develop dry breakfasts based on derivatives of carrot processing. A method for the manufacture of candied carrots is presented, which involves processing chopped pieces of carrots with a sugar solution with a mass fraction of sucrose 70% (hydromodulus – 1) for 2 hours at a temperature of 50±2°C. During osmotic dehydration of carrots in derivative products (candied fruit and osmotic solution), its color, taste and aroma are preserved, moisture is partially removed. Due to this, energy consumption for the drying process of candied fruits is reduced. Physico-chemical indicators of the quality of candied carrots (mass fraction of moisture, sucrose, content of crude fiber) were studied. Known standard methods were used (DSTU 8004:2015, DSTU 4954:2008, DSTU ISO 5498:2004). It is established that in all respects they meet the requirements of the standard. Can be used as an additive for enrichment with dietary fiber products. The content of crude fiber in candied carrots is 2.8%. Recipes for dry breakfasts based on oatmeal, corn flakes and candied carrots have been developed. It is recommended that the solution separated from carrot particles after osmotic dehydration be used for glazing corn flakes. Dry breakfasts made according to the developed recipes had good sensory quality indicators.
2. Bunyak, О., Sots, S. (2020). Development of extruded products from starch-containing raw materials with vegetable additives. Прогресивні техніка та технології харчових виробництв ресторанного господарства і торгівлі, 2(32), 161-172. doi: 10.5281/zenodo.4370766.
3. Chanvrier, H., Desbois, F., Perotti, F., Salzmann, С., Chassagne, S., Gumy, J.-C., Blank, I. (2013). Starch-based extruded cereals enriched in fibers: A behavior of composite solid foams. Carbohydrate Polymers, 98(1), 842-853. doi: j.carbpol.2013.07.005.
4. Frolova, N.E., Tyshchenko, O.M., Hubar, T.M., Kohut, D.O., Ovsyanyk, A.H. (2021). Rozshyrennya asortymentu strav iz polizernovoyi sumishi vehitariansʹkoho menyu dlya restoraniv ta ayurvedychnykh kafe [Expansion of the range of dishes from polygrain mixture of the vegetarian menu for restaurants and Ayurvedic cafes.]. Vcheni zapysky TNU imeni V.I. Vernadsʹkoho. Seriya: Tekhnichni nauky, 32 (71), 4. (in Ukrainian). doi: 10.32838/2663-5941/2021.4/32.
5. Kalugina, I., Dzyuba, N., Yakymenko, I. (2019). Rozrobka tekhnolohiyi hranoly profilaktychnoho pryznachennya z pidvyshchenym vmistom yodu. [Development of granola technology for prophylactic purposes with increased iodine content]. NV LNU veterynarnoyi medytsyny ta biotekhnolohiy. Seriya: Kharchovi tekhnolohiyi, 21(91), 60-68. (in Ukrainian). doi: 10.32718/nvlvet-f9111.
6. Kaluhina, I. M., Telezhenko, L. M., Dzyuba, N. A. (2020). Proektuvannya hranoly z feykhoa iz pidvyshchenym vmistom yodu dlya zakladiv restorannoho hospodarstva [Designing feijoa granola with increased iodine content for restaurants]. Prodovolʹchi resursy, 8(15), 102-113. (in Ukrainian). doi: 10.31073/foodresourses2020-15-11.
7. Kordzaya, N. R. (2019). Doslidzhennya spozhyvchykh vpodobanʹ shchodo vyboru ta kupivli osnovnykh kharchovykh produktiv. [Study of consumer preferences regarding the choice and purchase of basic food products]. Ukrayinsʹkyy zhurnal prykladnoyi ekonomiky, 5(1), 25–32. (in Ukrainian). doi: 10.36887/2415-8453-2020-1-3.
8. Oliveira, L., Alencar, N., Steel, C. (2018). Improvement of sensorial and technological characteristics of extruded breakfast cereals enriched with whole grain wheat flour and jabuticaba (Myrciaria cauliflora) peel. Lebensmittel-Wissenschaft + [i.e. und] Technologie, 90, 207–214. doi: 10.1016/j.lwt.2017.12.017.
9. Oliveira, L., Rosell, С., Steel, С. (2015). Effect of the addition of whole-grain wheat flour and of extrusion process parameters on dietary fibre content, starch transformation and mechanical properties of a ready-to-eat breakfast cereal. International Journal of Food Science & Technology, 50(6), 1504-1514. doi: 10.1111/ijfs.12778
10. Robin, F., Dubois, С., Curti, D., Schuchmann, H., Palzer, S. (2011). Effect of wheat bran on the mechanical properties of extruded starchy foams. Food Research International, 44(9), 2880-2888. doi: 10.1016/j.foodres.2011.06.041.
11. Valevsʹka, L. O. (2017). Vyrobnytstvo sukhykh snidankiv, zbahachenykh riznymy vydamy dobavok. [Production of breakfast cereals enriched with various types of additives] Suchasni tendentsiyi rozvytku ukrayinsʹkoyi nauky: materialy III Vseukr. nauk. konf., Pereyaslav-Khmelʹnytsʹkyy, 26-27 trav. 2017 r. Pereyaslav-Khmelʹnyts. derzh. ped. un-t im. H. Skovorody. – Pereyaslav-Khmelʹnytsʹkyy, 3, 150–151 (in Ukrainian).