The journal "Bulletin of Sumy National Agrarian University The series: Agronomy and Biology" accepts papers, which are previously unpublished and not submitted for consideration in other editions, containing original research results in the field of biological sciences (091 "Biology"), natural sciences (101 «Ecology») and agricultural sciences (201 «Agronomy», 202 «Plant Protection and Quarantine», 205 «Forestry» and 206 «Garden Design»)
The main languages of the publication are Ukrainian and English.
Requirements for articles in the Bulletin of Sumy National Agrarian University. «Agronomy and Biology» Series
To publish an article in the journal, it is necessary to submit the following materials to the e-mail address email@example.com :
- Article in the original language.
- Information about the author (authors):
Surname and initials.
Scientific degree, academic title.
Place of work (university, research institution), address.
Article requirements http://snaubulletin.com.ua/
When writing an article, please follow the requirements:
1. Volume of the article – from 14 to 30 pages of printed text in A4 format (210x297 mm), including tables, illustrative material and bibliography.
2. Title of the article should briefly inform about its content, contain no more than 14 words and be of interest to the international scientific community.
3. Requirements for page parameters: book orientation, margins – 20 mm on all sides, indent of the first line (paragraph) – 1.0 cm, type -Times New Roman, font size – 14pt, intervals between lines – 1.5, alignment – to the page width.
4. Formulas must be typed in Equation Editor, this editor is an internal formula editor in Microsoft Word. Components of formulas in the text are typed in italics.
5. Tables and figures are placed in the text of the manuscript immediately after the first mention of them. It is not allowed to have tables and illustrations in landscape format. Example:
TEXT OF ARTICLE (Reference to table 1)
Name of parameters
Name of units
Name of data
TEXT OF ARTICLE (analysis and discussion).
6. A figure should be located in the center and have a title (Fig. 1. Title of figure). You should, if possible, use Arial typeface. Names of figures must be outside it. Figures are black and white, their resolution should be 220 pixels per inch (ppi). It is also desirable to use different hatching options in the diagrams (instead of solid fill).
7. References in the text are given according to the example (Surname, year). For example, one author - (Biró, 2014), two authors - (Kahmen & Poschlod, 2008), three or more authors - (Zlobin et al., 2009; Trnka et al., 2016).
Additional text requirements:
- it is recommended to use an Active Voice in the text;
- an inseparable interval (!) should be placed between the numerical values and the abbreviated name of the unit;
- all citations should be written in the language of the article (without reference to
the language of the original) with the references to the source and a specific page (for example, (Ivanov, 2016, c. 23));
- abbreviation should be entered in the text in brackets after the first mention of the corresponding full phrase;
- reduction of monetary, metric, time units (UAH, ml, km, etc.), as well as reduction of millions, billion to write without a dot;
- it is important to distinguish the symbols "-", "‒" and «—». The last one is not used in manuscripts;
- reduction of scientific terms in the article is not allowed;
- the use of internationally recognized signs and symbols (SI units) is required.
- names of taxa and syntaxons are highlighted in italics. The full name of the taxon is given only once at the first mentioning (Quercus robur L.). Further in the text the name of the species is given in abbreviated form – Q. robur.
8. Parts of the article (with text selection in the article). An overview article can have sections with different titles, but conclusions and bibliographic references are required. An experimental article includes the following sections:
8.1. Introduction (“Introduction”) (formulation of the problem in general and its connection with current scientific and practical problems, analysis of recent research and publications, purpose of own research). All these components are part of the introduction, but as separate elements they are not distinguished. When analyzing recent research and publications, there must be at least 15 publications in the last 5 years with a DOI index, mostly in English.
8.2. Materials and methods of research (Materials and Methods) (source material, methodology and research conditions). This section should contain detailed and complete information on the progress and methods of research. If necessary, the section is divided into subsections.
8.3. Results (“Results”) (includes results of research). Figures and tables are used.
Sections "Results" and "Discussions" cannot be combined into one article section!
8.4. Discussion (substantiation of research results and their comparison with existing in this or related areas). In discussion it is necessary to summarize the results and compare them with 10-20 results of other studies).
8.5. Conclusions (“Conclusions”) (main results of the research are given there, the emphasis is on the novelty and practical application of the obtained data, as well as on the prospects of further research in this area). Conclusions include 5-10 sentences and they are presented in full text.
8.6. Bibliographic references (“References”).
1) The list of literary references is givenin alphabetical order.
2) The total number of reference is at least 30 for original article (research article) and at least 100 - for review article.
3) The description of publications should include all authors, without reducing their number.
4) References on dissertations, online publications, abstracts, reports, normative documents of certain states are not desirable.
5) Literature sources in the bibliographic list must meet the requirements of the standard of American Psychological Association (APA) (www.crossref.org). For transliteration of bibliographic sources we recommend to use https://translit.net/. If the literature has a digital object identifier (doi), it should be listed after the data for this publication.
Example of the bibliographic list:
Author, A. A., Author, B. B., & Author, C. C. (2019). Title of book. Publishing house, City. doi
Grodzynsky, D.M. Four-language dictionary of plant names (Ukrainian-Russian-English-Latin). Phytosocial center, Kyiv. doi (if available).
After transliteration, the title of publication is the following (translation of the title of publication in English in accordance with English summaries published in these publications is in square brackets):
Grodzyns'kyj, D. M. Chotyrymovnyj slovnyk nazv roslyn (ukrai'ns'ko-rosijs'ko-anglijs'ko-latyns'kyj) [A four-language dictionary of plant names (Ukrainian-Russian-English-Latin)]. Phytosociocentre, Kyi'v, 312 (in Ukrainian). doi (if available).
Author, A. A., Author, B. B., & Author, C. C. (2019). Title of article. Title of Journal, vv (n), pp – pp. doi
Zlobin, Yu. A. (2018). Algoritm ocіnky vіtalіtetu osobin roslin і vіtalіtetnoy struktury fіtopopuljacіj [An algorithm for assessing the vitality of plant individuals and the vitality structure of phytopopulations] .Chornomors’k. bot. z., 14 (3), 213–226 (in Ukrainian).
8.7 Abstracts are written in two languages (Ukrainian and English) with surname and initials of the author (authors), title of article, keywords. Content of abstracts (both in English and Ukrainian) is 2000-2500 symbols. Abstract should be clear, informative, original, written in perfect English. Text of annotation should be structured and include the following elements that are not singled out: an introductory sentence, a brief description of research methods, a description of main results (50-70% of the annotation) and brief conclusions. Abstract contains information about the main content of the article. Make sure that your surname, initials, ORCID and University name are spelled correctly.
9. The decision to publish an article is taken by the editorial board. Editorial changes can be made to the article without the consent of the author (authors). Articles written without regard to the above requirements are not accepted. Manuscripts rejected by the editorial board, the authors are not returned or reviewed. Articles returned after revision later than a month, are considered as new articles. The authors are responsible for the accuracy of the content of the submitted materials.
10. Payment for the work of the editorial board is carried out only after the end of the review process of the article and its acceptance for publication. Payment details for publication are reported additionally. The fee for publication is set by the editorial board. The maximum fee for publication is 600 UAH per article. The editorial staff sends one copy of the collection per article.