Influence of a feed additive of organic origin on the sexual activity of rams
Organization of balanced feeding that meets the needs of producers in nutrients and vitamins, with a certain physiological state and level of performance, is one of the main factors in the process of ensuring complete spermatogenesis and quality indicators of sperm. Due to the fact that for many reasons protein deficiency is observed in feed rations (prices, feed quality, competition), the provision of a sufficient amount of protein in it is one of the main conditions for obtaining high-quality sperm production. The results of studies of the influence of the feed additive "Befito" of organic origin on the reproductive capacity and quality of sperm production of sheep of the Pridneprovskaya meat breed are presented. It was found that the use of the feed additive "Befito" in the diets provides an improvement in the process of spermatogenesis and affects the increase in quantitative and improvement in the quality indicators of sperm production. The level of time for receiving one ejaculate from manufacturers is 9.1-10.8 s, which indicates their high sexual activity and potency. The volume of the obtained ejaculate from the rams of the research group by 11.7 %, the activity of spermatozoa by 3.7 %, the concentration of spermatozoa in the ejaculate is 13.9 % higher than that of the control analogues. The advantage of the producers of the research group is observed in the total number of sperm in the ejaculate and is + 27.3 %. At the same time, teratogenicity of germ cells is not observed. The level of pathological sperm forms in the ejaculate is within the physiological norm (< 14 %).Considering the average volume of ejaculate from the rams of the research group, 15.8 sperm doses were received per head versus 14.2 in the control, which is 11.3 % more. The results obtained allow us to consider it expedient to use the feed additive "Befito" to improve the process of spermatogenesis and the quality of sperm and recommend it as the most effective.
2. Burova G. A., 2010. Isskustvennoe osemenenie ovec. [Artificial insemination of sheep] M. : RGAU-MSHA, рр. 59.
3. Grechanjuk, A. M. and Chumak, V. O., 2003. Kormova dobavka z amarantu «Befito» – zasib pidvyshhennja efektyvnosti tvarynnyctva [Befito amaranth feed additive is a means of increasing the efficiency of animal husbandry]. Ptahivnyctvo, issue, 6, pp. 240-241.
4. Davydenko, V. M. and Jablons'kyj, V. A., 2004. Teorija i praktyka biotehnologii' vidtvorennja pleminnyh baraniv [Theory and practice of biotechnology of reproduction of breeding rams]. Mykolai'v, рр. 345.
5. Erohin, A. I. and Karasev, E. A., 2012. Intensifikacija vosproizvodstva ovec. [Intensification of Sheep Reproduction]. M, 255.
6. Kalashnikov, A. P., 2003. Normy i raciony kormlenija sel'skohozjajstvennyh zhivotnyh. [Rates and rations for feeding farm animals]. Moskva, 456.
7. Kravchenko N. I., 2011. Aktual'nye voprosy realizacii geneticheskogo potenciala mnogoplodija merinosovih ovec [Topical issues of the implementation of the genetic potential of multiple pregnancies in merino sheep]. Ovcy, kozy, sherstjanoe delo. [Sheep, Goats, Woolen Work]. Issue. 4, рр. 18-19.
8. Pavljuk, M. V., 2017. Tehnologija vidtvorennja sil's'kogospodars'kyh tvaryn [Technology of reproduction of farm animals]. Kyiv: NMC «Agroosvita», 140.
9. Pokhyl, V. I. and Zadorozhnja, O. M., 2005. Efektyvnist' vykorystannja baraniv-plidnykiv porody olibs v stepovij zoni Ukrai'ny [Efficiency of use of breeding sheep of the Olibs breed in the steppe zone of Ukraine]. Tvarynnyctvo Ukrai'ny, issue. 8, рр. 17-19.
10. Pokhyl, V. I. and Mykolajchuk, L. P., 2020. М’ясна продуктивність молодняку овець різного походження [Meat productivity of young sheep animals of different origin]. Theoretical and Applied Veterinary Medicine, issue. 8(1), pp. 26-30. DOI: https://doi.org/10.32819/2020.81005
11. Stapaj, P. V., Makar, I. A. and Gavryljak, V. V., 2007. Fiziologo-biohimichni osnovy zhyvlennja ovec' [Physiological and biochemical bases of sheep nutrition]. L'viv : DP «Leo-Blank», 98.
12. Haruta, G. G., 2011. Vidtvorennja s.-g. tvaryn. [Reproduction of agricultural animals]. Bila Cerkva : BNAU, 328.
13. Chumak, V. O., 2005. Vplyv kormovoi' dobavky «Befito» na produktyvnist' ta dejaki pokaznyky jakosti inkubacijnogo jajcja kurok-nesuchok [Influence of Befito feed additive on productivity and some quality indicators of hatching eggs of laying hens]. Zb. nauk. pr. VDAU. Issue. 22. (2). Vinnycja, pp. 122-126.
14. Chumak V. O., 2005. Vplyv kormovoi' dobavky «Befito» na produktyvnist' ta dejaki pokaznyky krovi vidluchenyh porosjat [Influence of Befito feed additive on productivity and some blood parameters of weaned piglets]. Visnyk DDAU, issue. 2, pp. 61-63.
15. Jablons'kyj, V. A., 2005. Biotehnologija vidtvorennja tvaryn. [Biotechnology of animal reproduction]. K. : Aristej, 296.
16. Cogni, Y., Poulin, N., Locatelli, Y. and Mermillod, P., 2004. State of art production, conservation and transfer of in vitro produced embryos in small ruminants. Reprod. Fertil. Dev, issue. 16, pр. 437-445.
17. Gonzalez-Bulnes, F., Baird, D. T. and Campbell, B. K., 2004. Multiple factors affecting the efficiency of multiple ovulation and embryo transfer in sheep and goats. Reprod. Fertil. Dev, issue. 16, pр. 421-435.
18. Pokhyl, V. I. and Mykolaichuk, L. P., 2020. Methodological fundamentals of the creation of specialized meat branch in sheep breeding of the Dnipro region Scientific developments of Ukraine and EU in the area of natural sciences: Collective monograph. Riga: Izdevniecība «Baltija Publishing», pp. 581-597. DOI https://doi.org/10.30525/978-9934-588-73-0/2.10