Characteristics of qualitative composition of milk of cows of ukrainian brown dairy breed
The analysis of literature sources on the issue of breed characteristics of qualitative indicators of milk productivity of cows is carried out. Breed features concerning the content of separate components of milk are revealed. One of the important criteria for the quality of raw milk is the number of somatic cells in milk, given that they are a reliable indicator of cows' disease of mastitis. Therefore, to monitor the competitiveness of dairy farming requires regular monitoring of milk quality. This applies primarily to animals of domestic breeds, due to the small number of studies. The solution to this issue has led to research on the livestock of the Ukrainian brown dairy breed, which is kept in the State Enterprise "Experimental Farm agrofirm "Nadiya" of the Institute of Agriculture of the Northeast of the National Academy of Agrarian Sciences of Ukraine." The content of milk components was determined in the laboratory of the Institute of Animal Husbandry of the National Academy of Agrarian Sciences of Ukraine on Bentley equipment. We analyzed the qualitative characteristics of milk productivity of cows and found that animals of the Ukrainian brown dairy breed have a sufficient content of fat and protein in milk. The dependence of the content of milk components on the age of animals is revealed. Thus, adult animals had an advantage in terms of protein, casein, dry matter and dry nonfat milk residue over the first-born cows. The average content of somatic cells in milk corresponded to the physiological norm. It was found that with increasing age in cows increases the content of somatic cells in milk. The connection of different direction and level of reliability between separate qualitative indicators of milk is revealed. A positive relationship has been established between the content of fat and protein in milk, fat and dry matter, protein and casein, protein and dry skim milk residue. it has also been found that in adult animals the bond strength increases. A significant negative correlation was found between the number of somatic cells in milk and the content of dry nonfat milk residue and lactose. Further improvement of the Ukrainian brown dairy breed should be aimed at improving the quality of milk.
2. Ostroumova, T. A. and Ivanov, I. V., 2009. Vliyanie porod skota na sostav moloka i proizvodstvo syra [Influence of livestock breeds on milk composition and cheese production]. Tehnika i tehnologiya pishevyh proizvodstv, issue 3, pp. 55-63.
3. Polyeva, I. O., Dolgay, M. M., Kalashnikov, V. O. and Kurepin, O. O., 2018. Porivnyalna harakteristika aminokislotnogo skladu moloka z riznimi tehnologichnimi harakteristikami [Comparative characteristics of the amino acid composition of milk with different technological characteristics]. Naukovo-tehnichnij byuleten IT NAAN, issue 119, pp.122-128.
4. Prihodko, M. F., 2009. Estimation of productivity and technological properties of milk of newly created breeds and types of cattle of the northeastern region of Ukraine. Abstract of Ph. D. dissertation. Herson.
5. Sklyarenko, Yu. I., Chernyavska, T. O. and Bondarchuk, L. V., 2015. Doslidzhennya yakisnogo skladu moloka koriv ukrayinskoyi buroyi molochnoyi porodi [Research of qualitative composition of milk of cows of the Ukrainian brown dairy breed]. Rozvedennya i genetika tvarin, issue 53, pp. 185 – 190.
6. Sklyarenko, Yu. I., 2018. Osoblivosti molochnoyi produktivnosti koriv ukrayinskoyi buroyi molochnoyi porodi ta vpliv genotipovih i paratipovih faktoriv na yiyi formuvannya [Peculiarities of milk productivity of Ukrainian brown dairy cows and influence of genotypic and paratypic factors on its formation]. Nauk. Vis.LNUVMB im. S. Z. Gzhickogo, issue 20, pp. 8-16. DOI: https://doi.org/ 10.32718/nvlvet8901.
7. Sklyarenko, Yu. I. and Chernyavska, T. O., 2018. Zmini vmistu skladovih moloka pri zahvoryuvanni koriv na mastit [Changes in the content of milk components in cows with mastitis]. Visnik Sumskogo nacionalnogo agrarnogo universitetu, issue 1(22), pp. 66-68.
8. Smolyar, V. I., 2011. Kompleks zahodiv z pidvishennya yakosti moloka [A set of measures to improve the quality of milk]. Visnik Dnipropetrovskogo, issue 2, pp. 151-155.
9. Tkachuk, V. P., 2011. Molochna produktivnist velikoyi rogatoyi hudobi ta faktori, sho yiyi viznachayut [Dairy productivity of cattle and factors that determine it]. Tehnologiya virobnictva i pererobki produkciyi tvarinnictva, issue 6, pp. 38- 41.
10. Fil, S. I., Fedorovich, Ye. I. and Bodnar, P. V. Molochna produktivnist koriv-dochok riznih bugayiv-plidnikiv [Dairy productivity of daughters of cows of different breeding bulls]. Nauk. Vis.LNUVMB im. S. Z. Gzhickogo, issue 21, pp. 68-75. DOI:https://doi.org/10.32718/nvlvet-a9012.
11. Carenko, O. M., Zlobin, Yu. A., Sklyar, V. G. and Panchenko, S. M., 2000 Komp’yuterni metodi v silskomu gospodarstvi ta biologiyi : navchalnij posibnik [Computer methods in agriculture and biology: a textbook]: Sumi: «Universitetska kniga».
12. Chumel, R. A., 2004. Genetic-biochemical and productive features of cattle in the north-eastern region of Ukraine. Abstract of Ph. D. dissertation, Chubinske, Kyiv region.
13. Bras, R., 2009. Milk quality of Jersey cows kept on winter pasture supplemented or not with concentrate. Revista Brasileira de Zootecnia, Issue 38, pp. 1983-1988. DOI:https://doi.org/10.1590/S1516-35982009001000018.
14. Dobson, H., Smith, R. F., Royal, M. D., Knight, C. H. and Sheldon, I. M., 2007. The high producing dairy cow and its reproductive performance. Reprod Domest Anim, Issue 42, pp. 17–23. DOI:https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1439-0531.2007.00906.x.
15. Evans, K., Rawlynce, C., Joshua, O. A. and Fidalis, D. N., 2018. Milk Composition for Admixed Dairy Cattle in Tanzania. Frontiers in Genetics, Issue 9, pp. 1-12. DOI:https://doi.org/10.3389/fgene.2018.00142.
16. Marchi, M, Bittante, G, Dal Zotto, R., Dalvit, C. and Cassandro, M., 2008. Effect of Holstein Friesian and Brown Swiss breeds on quality of milk and cheese, Issue 91(10), pp. 4092-102. DOI:https://10.3168/jds.2007-0788.
17. Marchi, M., Dal Zotto, R., Cassandro, M. and Bittante, G., 2007. Milk Coagulation Ability of Five Dairy Cattle Breeds. Journal of Dairy Science, issue 90, pp. 3986-3992. DOI:https://doi.org/10.3168/jds.2006-627.
18. Puppel, K., Bogusz, E. and Gołębiewski, M., 2017. Effect of Dairy Cow Crossbreeding on Selected Performance Traits and Quality of Milk in First Generation Crossbreds. Journal of Food Science, issue 83, pp. 229-237. DOI:https://doi.org/10.1111/1750-3841.13988.
19. Stocco, G., Cipolat-Gotet, C., Bobbo and T., Cecchinato, A., 2017. Breed of cow and herd productivity affect milk composition and modeling of coagulation, curd firming, and syneresis. Journal of Dairy Science, issue 100, pp.129–145. DOI:https://doi.org/10.3168/jds.2016-11662.
20. Yang, T. X., Li, H., Wang, F., Liu, X. L. and Li, Q. Y., 2013. Effect of Cattle Breeds on Milk Composition and Technological Characteristics in China. Asian-Australas J Anim Sci, 2013. issue 26(6), pp. 896–904. DOI:https:// doi.org/10.5713/ajas.2012.12677.