Protective coatings based on chitosane from the pathogenic microflora of food eggs
Studies of the development of a composition based on chitosan in combination with powerful disinfectants from the group of organic peroxides with peracetic acid (PA) and hydrogen peroxide, which is subjected to electroactivation in aqueous solution using titanium electrodes for processing chicken eggs in a complex of microprotective , bacterial and viral origin throughout the shelf life of eggs by applying to the surface of biocidal and at the same time environmentally friendly non-toxic protective film. The effect of technical acid-soluble solution of peracetic acid, which was subjected to electrolysis in the reactor, for 30 min, at a temperature of 60-70о C. Formed two batches of eggs - control and experiment. The experimental group was treated by applying a biocidal and environmentally friendly non-toxic protective film to the surface of the eggs. The "artificial cuticle", which contains a substance of natural origin chitosan in combination with powerful substances from the group of organic peroxides with peracetic acid (PA) and hydrogen peroxide, was subjected to electroactivation in aqueous solution using titanium electrodes. On days 14, 19, 28, and 33, washings were made from the surface of the eggshell, which were examined for bacteria of the Escherichia coli, staphylococcus, salmonella, and spore-forming bacteria. The composition of the composition for processing edible eggs of chickens in a set of measures to protect against pathogenic microflora of bacterial and viral origin throughout the shelf life significantly inhibits the increase in the number of pathogenic microflora on the surface of edible eggs. The level of microbial contamination of chicken eggs during storage decreases. Thus, in the control (food eggs without processing) on the 14th day there are bacteria of the Escherichia coli group - 15%, on the 19th day 20%, on the 28th day 40% and on the 33rd day 65%. Also, the number of spore-forming bacteria is 10% and staphylococcus 5%. When processing edible eggs of chickens with a composition based on chitosan, the level of contamination is lower: on the 14th and 19th day bacteria of the Escherichia coli groupwas not detected, on the 28th day it is 5% and on the 33rd day 10%, and spore-forming bacteria at the level of 5%. Chitosan in combination with other disinfectants can prevent contamination of the surface of food eggs with pathogenic microflora during storage at elevated levels of temperature and humidity.
2. Bordunova, O. H., Denysov, R. V., Samokhina, Ye. A. and Samokhyna, E. A. 2015. Vyvchennia vplyvu peredinkubatsiinoi tekhnolohii «shtuchna kutykula» na rozvytok embrioniv ta zberezhenist molodniaka kurei [Study of the influence of pre-incubation technology "artificial cuticle" on the development of embryos and the safety of young chickens]. Visnyk Sumskoho natsionalnoho ahrarnoho universytetu: naukovyi zhurnal. Ser. «Tvarynnytstvo» Sumskyi natsionalnyi ahrarnyi universytet. Sumy. SNAU, issue 6 (28), pp. 102-107.
3. Vecheria, Yu. O. 2015. Vplyv riznykh chynnykiv na vyvodymist yaiets silskohospodarskoi ptytsi. [Influence of various factors on hatchability of poultry eggs]. Suchasne ptakhivnytstvo, issue 7-8, pp. 22-24.
4. Zabolotnyi, V. S. 2014. Suchasni tendentsii vyrobnytstva yaiets v Ukraini [Current trends in egg production in Ukraine]. Ekonomika ta upravlinnia APK, issue 1, pp. 103−108.
5. Kuznetsov, V. A. Sposob poluchenyia vlahopohloshchaiushcheho kompozytsyonnoho polymernoho materyala [Method of obtaining a moisture-absorbing composite polymeric material]. RU 30.01.2018 C08L 5/08 2016110178 (RU).
6. Kulykov, S. N., Tiuryn, Yu. A., Dolbyn, D. A. and Khairullyn, R. Z., 2007. Rol strukturi v byolohycheskoi aktyvnosty khytozana [The role of structure in the biological activity of chitosan]. Vestnyk Kazanskoho tekhnolohycheskoho unyversyteta, issue 6, pp. 10-15.
7. Kulykov, S. N., Chyrkov, S. N., Ylyna, A. V., Lopatyn, S. A. and Varlamov, V. P., 2015. Vlyianye molekuliarnoi massi khytozana na eho protyvovyrusnuiu aktyvnost v rastenyiakh [Effect of the molecular weight of chitosan on its antiviral activity in plants]. Prykladnaia byokhymyia y mykrobyolohyia, issue 42, № 2, pp. 224-228.
8. Podshyvalov, A. V., Zakharova, M. V., Uspenskaia, M. V., and Samuilova, E. O. Sostav byodehradyruemoi polymernoi kompozytsyy dlia obrabotky pyshchevikh produktov [Composition of a biodegradable polymer composition for food processing] (19) RU (11) 2 649 981(13) C1 RF (51) MPK A23B 4/10 (2006.01) Zaiavka: 2017120355, 09.06.2017 Opublykovano: 06.04.2018 Biul. № 10.
9. Iakubchak, O. M., 2006. Chym krashche obrobyty? Porivnialna otsinka suchasnykh i tradytsiinykh dezinfektsiinykh zasobiv, shcho vykorystovuiutsia v haluzi ptakhivnytstva [What is more beautiful to grind? Ratio assessment of the occasional and traditional disinfectious diseases, how to get sick in the branch poultry]. Suchasne ptakhivnytstvo, issue 6, pp. 14-15.
10. Attila, E. Pavlath, W., Kerry, C. H., and Milda, E. E., 2009. Edible Films and Coatings for Food Applications. Springer-Verlag New York. pp. 416.
11. Donald, D. Bell and William, D. Weaver Jr., 2002. Commercial chicken meat and egg production. Springer US. pp.1365.
12. Bhale, S., No H. K., Prinyawiwatkul, W., Farr, A. J., Nadarajah, K. and Meyers, S. P., 2003. Chitosan coating improves shelf life of eggs. Journal of food science, issue 68 (7). pp. 2378-2383
13. Chung, Y. C., Kuo, C. L. and Chen, C. C., 2005. Preparation and important functional properties of water-soluble chitosan produced through maillard reaction. Bioresource Technol, issue 96, (13), pp. 1473-1482.
14. Elizabeth, A. B., Robert, D. H. and Jinhe, B. C., 2011. Edible coatings and films to improve food quality. CRC Press. pp. 450.
15. Elizabeth, A B., Robert, D H., and Jinhe, B.C. 2012. Edible coatings and films to improve food quality. CRC Press. pp. 448.
16. Elmezayyen, A. S. and Reicha, F. M., 2015. Preparation of chitosan copper complexes: molecular dynamic studies of chitosan and chitosan copper complexes. Open Journal of Applied Sciences, issue 5, pp. 415-427.
17. Gary, H. Method of electrochemical formation of noble nanoparticles in a chitosan matrix WO2011106526A2 2011-02-24.
18. Hester, P. Y., 2017. Egg innovations and strategies for improvements. Academic Рress. pp. 646.
19. Kim, S. H., Youn, D. K., No, H. K., Choi, S. W. and Prinyawiwatkul W. H., 2009. Effects of chitosan coating and storage position on quality and shelf life of eggs. International journal of food science & technology, issue 44 (7), pp. 1351-1359.
20. Kim, B. R., Jo, J. R., Hwang, I. A. Egg's shelf life extention used chitosan coating and Gamma irradiation KR20170127823 (A) - A23B5/015; A23B5/06 KR20160058519 20160513 KR20160058519 20160513.
21. Maria, P., Garcia, M. M., Carmen, G. M. Elvira, L. and Gustavo V., 2017. Edible films and coatings: fundamentals and applications.CRC Press, Taylor & Francis Group. pp. 598.
22. Мaureen, B., Yves, N., and Filip, V., 2011. Immerseel food science, technology and nutrition improving the safety and quality of eggs and egg products: Volume 2. Egg safety and nutritional quality. Woodhead Publishing. pp.448.
23. NiuYuhua, H., Yan X., Wang C. and Song, J. Egg-preserving humic acid film and preparation method and using method thereof CN106962457 (A) A23B5/06 CN20171298997 20170427.
24. Quanyuan, C., Zhiming, G., Tingming, F., Yan, L., Hongchang, S. and Fengsheng L., 2011. Kinetic study of chitosan degradation by an electrochemical process. Polymer Bulletin August, Volume 67, issue 4, pp. 571–582.
25. Reicha, F., Shebl, A., Badria, F. and EL-Asmy, A., 2012. Electrochemical Synthesis, Characterization and Biological Activity of Chitosan Metal Complexes. International Journal of Basic and Applied Chemical Sciences, issue 2, pp. 7-22.
26. Solomon S. E., Bain M. M., Cranstoun S. аnd Nascimento V., 1994. Microbiology of the avian Egg. Springer US.
27. Samokhina, Y. A., Bordunova, O. G., Loboda, V. B., Chernenko, O. M., Dolbanosova, R. V. аnd Chivanov, V. D., 2020. Study of the correlations between the dynamics of thermal destruction and the morphological parameters of biogenic calcites by the method of thermoprogrammed desorption mass spectrometry (TPD-MS). Springer Proceedings in Physics, Springer, Singapore, issue 240, pp. 37-50.
28. Sun, J., and Xu, B. Carboxymethyl chitosan co-mixed fresh-keeping agent and film-coating fresh-keeping method for fresh egg CN103749647 (A) A23B5/06 CN20131493467 20131018.
29. Yoshinori, M., 2007. Egg Bioscience and Biotechnology. Wiley-Interscience. pp. 378.
30. Wardy, W., Torrico, D. D. and Herrera, J. A., 2013. Soybean oil-chitosan emulsion affects internal quality and shelf-life of eggs stored at 25 and 4 C. International Journal of Food Science & Technology, issue 48 (6), pp. 1148-1156.