Reproductive qualities of sows of large white breed of different intrabreed differentiation according to the index "level of adaptation" and economic efficiency of their use
The paper presents the results of studies of long-term adaptation and reproductive qualities of sows of large white breed, calculated indicators of variability of traits and their correlation, as well as the economic efficiency of research results. The experimental part of the work was carried out in agricultural formations of Dnipropetrovsk region (LLC "AF Dzerzhinets", LLC "Renaissance") and livestock laboratories of the State Institution Institute of Grain Crops NAAS. The work was performed according to IPA NAAS №30 "Innovative technologies of breeding, industrial and organic production of pig products (" Pig breeding "). The object of the study was the main sows of the large white breed. Evaluation of animals of the specified production group and breed on indicators of level of adaptation and reproductive qualities was carried out taking into account the following quantitative signs: life expectancy (TJ), months; duration of breeding use (MSW), months; received farrowings for the period of breeding use, received total piglets, heads; fertility, heads; nest weight at the time of weaning at the age of 28 days, kg; safety of piglets before weaning,%; The index "level of adaptation was calculated according to the method of V.S. Smirnov. (2003), index of reproductive qualities of sows - according to the method of M.D. Berezovs’ky (P.A. Vashchenko, 2019). It was found that the life expectancy of sows of the main herd is 44.1 months, the duration of breeding use - 32.8 months, the index "level of adaptation" - 11.87 points. According to the indicators of fertility and nest weight at the time of weaning, the animals of the main herd belong to the I class and the elite class. Taking into account the intra-breed differentiation according to the index "level of adaptation" sows of class M-significantly outperformed peers of class M + in terms of life expectancy, duration of breeding use and the index "level of adaptation" by an average of 64.11%. A significant difference between groups of animals of these classes was found in terms of fertility (2.0 heads, td = 2.22), "nest weight at the time of weaning at the age of 28 days, kg" (5.9 kg, td = 2.56), index of reproductive qualities of the sow (index of MD Berezovsky) (3.9 points, td = 2.60). Pairwise correlation coefficients between traits that characterize the level of adaptation and reproductive qualities of sows range from -0.704 (tr = 10.80) to +0.982 (tr = 213.05). The use of sows of large white breed class M- according to the index "level of adaptation" provides the maximum increase in production (+5.71%).
2. Khalak V.I. 2020. Novi metody intehrovanoyi otsinky svynomatok za pokaznykamy vidtvoryuval’nykh yakostey. 2020. [New methods of integrated assessment of sows by indicators of reproductive qualities] Zernovi kul’tury. Vol. 4. №2. Dnipro, «Nova ideolohiya», pp. 396 - 403.(doi.org/10.31867/2523-4544/0149).
3. Vashchenko P.A., Berezovs’kyy M.D., Nebylytsya M.S. 2015. Vyznachennya pleminnoyi tsinnosti svyney za vykorystannya liniynykh modeley. [Determination of breeding value of pigs using linear models]:Metodychni rekomendatsiyi. Poltava: Institute of Pig Breeding and Agroindustrial Production NAAS,. 12 p.
4. Kovalenko T.S. Udoskonalennya otsinky produktyvnykh i pleminnykh yakostey svyney za selektsiynymy indeksamy. 2011. [Improving the assessment of productive and breeding qualities of pigs by selection indices] avtoref. dys. na zdobuttya nauk. stupenya kand. s.-h. nauk : spets. 06.02.01 «Rozvedennya ta selektsiya tvaryn». Poltava, 17 p.
5. Berezovs’kyy M.D. Problemni pytannya z udoskonalennya pleminnoho svynarstva v Ukrayini ta yikh vyrishennya. 2014. [Problematic issues of improvement of breeding pig breeding in Ukraine and their solution] Svynarstvo: mizhvidomchyy tematychnyy naukovyy zbirnyk Instytutu svynarstva i APV NAAN. Poltava, № 64. pp. 37-48.
6. Vashchenko P.A. Pleminna tsinnist’ svyney. 2011. [Breeding value of pigs]. Svynarstvo: mizhvidomchyy tematychnyy naukovyy zbirnyk. Poltava,. vol. 59. pp. 28-32.
7. Shul’ha Y.U., Topchiy L. I., Popov V.M. 2011. Adaptatsiyna zdatnist’ svyney ukrayins’koyi stepovoyi biloyi porody. 2011.[ Adaptation ability of pigs of Ukrainian steppe white breed] Tavriys’kyy naukovyy visnyk, Kherson. vol. 76. pp. 67-71.
8. Tolokontsev A. 2010. Vosprozvoditel'nyye i adaptatsionnyye kachestva sviney [Reproductive and adaptive qualities of pigs] Zhivotnovodstvo Rossii. — № 4. p. 33.
9. Topikha V.S., Konovalov I.V. 2009. Adaptatsiyni osoblyvosti svyney riznykh porid v umovakh VAT Plemzavod «Stepnoy» Zaporiz’koyi oblasti. [Adaptation features of pigs of different breeds in terms of JSC Breeding "Stepnoy" Zaporozhye region] Visnyk ahrarnoyi nauky Prychornomor’ya. Mykolayiv: MDAU. — vol. 4 (51). pp. 203—207.
10. Kislinskaya A.I., Kalinichenko G.I., Shakun A.P., Tyshko N.I. 2012. Otsenka yestestvennoy rezistentnosti organizma sviney krupnoy beloy porody vengerskoy selektsii v period adaptatsii [Assessment of the natural resistance of the organism of pigs of large white breed of Hungarian selection during the adaptation period] Sovremennyye tendentsii i tekhnologicheskiye innovatsii v svinovodstve: materialy ХІХ mezhdunar. nauch.-prakt. konf. — Gorki : BGSKHA, pp. 78-83.
11. Smirnov V.S. Otsenka adaptatsii svinomatok k intensivnomu vosproizvodstvu. 2003. [Assessment of adaptation of sows to intensive reproduction] Zootekhniya. № 7. pp. 22- 25
12. Vashchenko P.A. 2019. Prohnozuvannya pleminnoyi tsinnosti svyney na osnovi liniynykh modeley selektsiynykh in- deksiv ta DNK-markeriv [Prediction of breeding value of pigs based on linear models of selection indices and DNA markers]: avtoref. dys. na zdobuttya nauk. stupenya d-ra s.-h. nauk: spets. 06.02.01 «Rozvedennya ta selektsiya tvaryn». Mykolayiv.
13. Metodika opredeleniya ekonomicheskoy effektivnosti ispol'zovaniya v sel'skom khozyaystve rezul'tatov nauchno-issledovatel'skikh rabot, novoy tekhnologii, izobreteniy i ratsionalizatorskikh predlozheniy. 1983. [Methods for determining the eco- nomic efficiency of the use in agriculture of the results of scientific research, new technology, inventions and rationalization proposals]..– M.: VAIIPI.
14. Lakin G.F. 1990. Biometriya. [Biometrics], M.: Vysshаіа shkоla. 352.