TESTS OF PTFE COMPOSITE MATERIALS FOR SLIDING RINGS
The paper presents the conditions and the results of the research on the composite materials based on PTFE (polytetrafluorethylene) for sliding rings of the seal. The original tribological stand was applied in the experimental investigations. The test specimens in the form of rings were made of thirteen different PTFE composite materials which contained graphite, bronze and molybdenum disulfide. Frictional characteristics of changes in operating parameters of the tested sliding rings, i.e. friction moment and friction surface temperature - over time, unit pressures and liquid pressure - over time are presented.
2. Matecki K., Bochnia J., Kundera Cz., Method of testing work parameters of sealing rings. 10-th International Conference HERVICON-2002, Tom 1, Sumy State 2002, pp 216-233.
3. Vizjak A., Vizintin J., Experimental study on the relationship between lubrication regime and performance of mechanical seals. Lubrication Engineering, No.1, pp.17-22, 2001.
4. Kundera Cz., Seals of rotating systems. Monograph M53, Kielce University of Technology, 2013, p. 285. (in polish)
5. Tarelnyk V., Konoplianchenko I., Martsynkovskyy V., Zhukov A., Kurp P. (2019) Comparative tribological tests for face impulse seals sliding surfaces formed by various methods. In: Ivanov V. et al. (eds) Advances in Design, Simulation and Manufacturing. DSMIE 2018, Springer.
6. Antoszewski B., Tarelnyk V., Laser texturing of sliding surfaces of bearings and pump seals, Applied Mechanics and Materials, Vol. 630, pp. 301-307, 2014.
7. Brunetiere N., The lubrication regimes of mechanical face seals. Applied Mechanics and Materials, Vol. 630, 2014, pp 255-266.
8. Towsyfyan, Hossein, Wei, Nasha, Gu, Fengshou and Ball, Andrew, Identification of lubrication Regimes in Mechanical Seals using Acoustic Emission for Condition Monitoring. In: The 54th Annual Conference of The British Institute of NonDestructive Testing BINDT 2015.
9. Reddyhoff T, Dwyer-Joyce R, Harper P, 2006, Ultrasonic measurement of film thickness in mechanical seals, Technology, Vol: 2006.
10. Kundera Cz., Bochnia J. Tests of materials for sealing rings of mechanical seals. Proc. New Ways in Manufacturing En-gineering, 17 – 18 June 2004, Prešov, Slovak Republic.
11. Bochnia J., Matecki K.: SUM-1 stand for testing mechanical face seals Problemy Eksploatacji, 4/1999, str. 275-283. (in polish)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.