Assessment of commodities fishing in the trade network of the city of Sumy
Introduction. To date, one of the priority tasks of the agro-industrial complex of Ukraine is to provide the population with benign and safe environmental and veterinary-sanitary products of animal products. Aquaculture is one of the fastest growing industries in the rapidly developing agro-industrial complex. The mentioned industry is able to provide the population with high quality nutritious and dietary fishery products in a relatively short period. Fish products replenish the human diet with essential amino acids, polyunsaturated fatty acids, trace elements and other nutrients to meet the needs of the body. But important indicators are the quality and safety of fish and fish products. The use of hazardous fish products by humans can lead to human diseases. Therefore, research on determining the safety and quality of fish remains an important link.
The goal of the work. The purpose of our research was to investigate commercial fish sold in the Sumy trade network and to carry out its veterinary and sanitary evaluation.
Materials and methods of research. These studies were conducted under the conditions of the Department of Veterinary Expertise, Microbiology, Zohygiene and Safety and Quality of Livestock Products of Sumy National Agrarian University and in Sumy Regional State Laboratory of the State Consumer Service.
Conducted research on commercial fish, which came to the sale in the trade network of the city of Sumy, namely in supermarkets, specialized stores and agri-food markets. Fresh, dried and frozen fish were studied..
Results of research and discussion. As a result of the study of the selected samples was found in live fish, namely the fathead, characteristic signs of postodiplastomosis. This disease manifested itself as small black spots on the body of a fish. It was also revealed in the study of carp in two specimens that the chronic course of aeromonosis was manifested by the presence of fissured ulcers on the body of the fish. Since the detection of the disease did not spoil the product indicators of fish, then all living fish are allowed to sell.
When examining dried fish, no deviations from the requirements for dried fish were found in the submitted samples. All fish are identified as benign and admitted for sale.
Studies of fresh frozen fish (hake) revealed the presence in the muscle tissue of the nematode Contracoecum squalii
Affected fish are characterized by an increased content of microorganisms in the deep and superficial muscle layers, a doubtful or negative reaction to peroxidase, a doubtful or substandard reaction with a Nesler reagent, a doubtful or substandard reaction with sulfuric acid, acidification.
Conclusions and prospects for further research: 1. In a study of 323 samples of live, dried, frozen fish, which entered the trade network in Sumy, it was found that 8 (2.47%) samples did not correspond to good-quality fish.2. Signs of diseases characteristic of aeromonosis (2 specimens), postodiplastomosis (1 specimen) and contracenosis (5 specimens) were established in the selected fish samples.3. A batch of hake (170 kg) in which the pathogen Contracoecum squalii was detected is not allowed for sale and is intended for technical disposal.
In the future, it is planned to develop and implement a permanent monitoring system for the quality and safety of fish and fishery products that are commercially available.
2. Fotina, T.I., Berezovsky, A.V., Petrov, R.V. et al. (2013), Veterynarno-sanitarna ekspertyza ryby, morskykh ssavtsiv ta bezkhrebetnykh tvaryn [Veterinary and sanitary examination of fish, marine mammals and invertebrates] Vinnytsia: New Book, 120 p. (in Ukrainian)
3. Galat ,V.F., Berezovskiy, A.V., Soroka, N.M. et al. (2009). Parazitologiya ta invazijni hvorobi tvarin: pidruchnik [Parasitology and invasive diseases of animals: a textbook]. K.: Harvest, 368 p. (in Ukrainian)
4. Davydov, O.M. & Temnikhanov, Yu.D. (2004). Osnovi veterinarno-sanitarnogo kontrolyu v ribnictvi: posibnik [Fundamentals of Veterinary and Sanitary Control in Fisheries: а guide]. Kyiv: INCOS, 144 p. (in Ukrainian)
5. Obov’yazkovij minimalnij perelik doslidzhen sirovini produkciyi tvarinnogo ta roslinnogo pohodzhennya, kombikormovoyi sirovini, kombikormiv, vitaminnih preparativ ta in., yaki slid provoditi v derzhavnih laboratoriyah veterinarnoyi medicini i za rezultatami yakih vidayetsya veterinarne svidoctvo (F-2) [Mandatory minimum list of studies on raw materials of animal and vegetable products, compound feeds, compound feeds, vitamins, etc., to be carried out in state veterinary laboratories and the results of which are issued a veterinary certificate (F-2)]. Kyiv, 2004. 45 p. (in Ukrainian)
6. Fotina, T.I., Petrov, R.V., Nazarenko S.M. et al. (2017). Osoblivosti rozpovsyudzhennya opistorhozu u prirodnih oseredkah Sumskoyi oblasti [Features of the distribution of opisthorchiasis in natural centers of Sumy region]. Veterinarna medycyna [Veterinary medicine], 103, 405-408. (іn Ukrainian)
7. Pravila veterinarno-sanitarnoj ekspertizy presnovodnoj ryby i rakov [Rules of veterinary and sanitary examination of freshwater fish and crustaceans. Approved by the Ministry of Agriculture of the USSR]. Codex CJSC Moscow, Agropromizdat, 1989. (іn Russian)
8. Mykytiuk, P.V., Jmil, V.I., Bukalova, N.V. et al. (2009). Praktykum z biolohii, patolohii ta vetsanekspertyzy prisnovodnoi ryby [Workshop on biology, pathology and veterinary examination of freshwater fish]. Bila Tserkva. 160 p. (in Ukrainian)
9. Secretary, K.V. & Swarchevsky, O.A. (2007), Osnovi ekologichnoyi zooparazitologiyi [Fundamentals of ecological zooparasitology]. Lviv. 358 p. (in Ukrainian)
10. Yatsenko, I.V., Bogatko, N.M., Bulgakova, N.V. et al. (2017), Gigiyena i ekspertiza harchovih gidrobiontiv ta produktiv yih pererobki. Chastina 1. Gigiyena i ekspertiza ribopromislovoyi produkciyi: Pidruchnik [Hygiene and expertise of food hydrobionts and their processing products. Part 1. Hygiene and expertise of fishery products: а textbook]. Kharkiv: Disa Plus. 680 p. (in Ukrainian)
11. Yatsenko, I.V., Bogatko, N.M., Bulgakova, N.V. et al. (2017), Gigiyena i ekspertiza harchovih gidrobiontiv ta produktiv yih pererobki. Chastina 2. Gigiyena i ekspertiza vodnih ssavciv, bezhrebetnih gidrobiontiv, produkciyi z ribi: рidruchnik [Hygiene and expertise of food hydrobionts and their processing products. Part 2. Hygiene and expertise of aquatic mammals, invertebrates, fish products: A textbook]. Kharkiv: Disa Plus. 648 p. (in Ukrainian)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.