Reproductive qualities of sowings of Irish origin in purebreed breeding and crossing in an industrial complex
Studied the indicators of reproductive productivity of great white sows and landrace breeds in the conditions of the industrial complex at the central steppe of Ukraine using purebred breeding and reciprocal crossing. It was found that the differences in fertility in sows of the first, second and third groups were not detected, while in the local nests of sows of the third group was found (p<0,01) 1,1 heads more live piglets at birth. At the same time, the largest number of stillborn piglets of 12,41% was found in purebred nests of sows of large white breed, which is probably higher in comparison with analogues of landrace breed both in purebred breeding and crossing (p <0,01-0,001). There were no significant differences in the fertility of the animals of the experimental groups. Differences in the safety of piglets in purebred nests of large white and landrace animals were not found, while the crossing of queens of these breeds found a probable advantage of landrace animals over large white counterparts by 7,5% (p <0,05). The number of piglets weaned in purebred nests of sows of great white and landrace breeds was probably 0,7… 0,9 less compared to local nests of landrace sows inseminated with sperm of large white breed boars (p<0,001) and 0,2…0,4 heads in comparison with local sows' nests by reciprocal crossing (p≤0,05). In general, both variants of crossbreeding showed a tendency to increase the number of piglets at weaning compared with purebred breeding of parental forms. The nest weight of local piglets when combined sows of landrace breed with boars of large white breed (♀L×♂VB) was probably (p<0,05) 5,0… 5,3 kg higher compared to the nests of purebred animals. At the same time, domestic animals from the backcrossing of large white breed queens with landrace boars tended to exceed their purebred peers by 2,1-2,4 kg and were inferior to their counterparts when combining landrace sows with large white breed boars by 2,9 kg.
2. Balnikov, A. A, Gridyushko, I. F. and Gridyushko, E. S. 2019. Otsenka biologicheskih osobennostey sviney razlichnoy sochetaemosti v usloviyah promyishlennoy tehnologii. [Assessment of biological characteristics of pigs of different compatibility in the conditions of industrial technology]. Svinarstvo. MIzhvId. temat. nauk. zb. IS I APV NAAN. Poltava, issue 73, pp. 186 – 191.
3. Berezovskiy, N. D., Pochernyaev, F. K. and Korotkov, V. A., 1986. Metodika modelirovaniya indeksov dlya ispolzovaniya ih v selektsii sviney [Methodology for modeling indices for use in breeding pigs]. Metodyi uluchsheniya protsessov selektsii, razvedeniya i vosproizvodstva sviney (metodicheskie ukazaniya), pp. 3–14.
4. Berezovskyi, M. D., Narizhna, O. L. and Vovk, V. O., 2018. Oderzhannia svynyny na hibrydnii osnovi v umovakh fermerskoho hospodarstva [Obtaining pork on a hybrid basis in the conditions of a farm.]. Svynarstvo. Mizhvid. temat. nauk. zb. IS i APV NAAN, issue 71, pp. 29 – 40.
5. Berezovskyi, M. D., Voloshchuk, V. M., Hryshyna, L. P., Vashchenko, P. A., Vovk, V. O. and Voloshchuk O. V., 2018. Prohrama selektsii velykoi biloi porody svynei v Ukraini na 2018-2025 roky [Breeding program of a large white breed of pigs in Ukraine for 2018-2025]. Handbook TOV «Firma «Tekhservis», p. 111.
6. Hetia, A. A., 2009. Orhanizatsiia selektsiinoho protsesu v suchasnomu svynarstvi: monohrafiia [Organization of breeding process in modern pig breeding: a monograph]. Poltava: Poltavskyi literator, 192 p.
7. Gorin, I. T. and Nikitchenko, I. N., 1969.Vozmozhnost prognozirovaniya geterozisa u sviney [Ability to predict heterosis in pigs]. Trudyi BelNIIZh, issue 10, pp. 104–106.
8. Krasnoshchok, O. O., 2017. Vidtvoriuvalni yakosti svynomatok za riznykh metodiv rozvedennia [Reproductive qualities of sows by different breeding methods]. Naukove zabezpechennia innovatsiinoho rozvytku ahropromyslovoho kompleksu v umovakh zmin klimatu, Tezy dop. mizhnarodnoi naukovo-praktychnoi konferentsii molodykh vchenykh i spetsialistiv, Dnipro, p. 179.
9. Pelykh, V. H., Ushakova, S. V. and Levchenko, M. V., 2020. Vysokoproduktyvni varianty poiednan knuriv ta svynomatok importnykh miasnykh henotypiv [High-yielding combinations of boars and sows of imported meat genotypes]. Intehratsiia osvity, nauky ta biznesu v suchasnomu seredovyshchi: zymovi dysputy, Tezy dop. I mizhnarodnoi naukovo-praktychnoi Internet-konferentsii,. Dnipro, issue 2, pp. 539 – 542.
10. Piotrovych, N. A. 2017. Formation of reproductive qualities of sows and evaluation of their combination ability. Abstract of Ph.D. dissertation. Mykolaiv, p. 19.
11. Topikha, V. S., Lykhach, V. Ia. and Lykhach A. V., 2013. Miasni yakosti svynei porody landras za riznykh metodiv rozvedennia [Meat qualities of Landrace pigs by different breeding methods]. Zb. nauk. prats Vinnytskoho NAU. Seriia: Silskohospodarski nauk, issue 5(78). pp. 217 – 221.
12. Ushakova, S. V., 2020. Variantyi sochetaniy hryakov i svinomatok myasnyih genotipov po urovnyu reproduktivnyih kachestv [Variants of combinations of boars and sows of meat genotypes on the level of reproductive qualities]. URL: http://dspace.ksau. kher-son.ua/ handle/123456789/102 5 (application date 05.01.2020).
13. Fediaieva, A. S., 2019. Substantiation of an effective system of breed-linear hybridization using terminal boars. Abstract of Ph.D. dissertation. Kharkiv, p. 19.
14. Tsereniuk, O. M., Khvatov, A. I. and Stryzhak, T. A., 2010. Obiektyvna otsinka materynskoi produktyvnosti svynei [Objective assessment of maternal productivity of pigs]. Tavriiskyi naukovyi visnyk, issue 78, vol. 2(I). pp. 221 – 227.
15. Khramkova, О. М., 2019. Vidtvoriuvalni yakosti svynomatok za riznykh poiednan porid i typiv [Reproductive qualities of sows in different combinations of breeds and types]. Theoretical and Applied Veterinary Medicine, issue 7(2), рр. 115-119. doi: 10.32819/2019.71021
16. Huang, Y. H., Lee, Y. P., Yang, T. S. and Roan, S. W., 2003. Effects of Sire Breed on the Subsequent Reproductive Performances of Landrace Sows. Asian Australasian Journal of Animal Sciences, issue 16 (4), p. 7, DOI: 10.5713/ajas.2003.489.
17. Kuhlers, D. L, Jungst, S. B, and Little, J. A., 1989. Comparisons of specific crosses from Duroc-Landrace, Yorkshire-Landrace and Hampshire-Landrace sows managed in two types of gestation systems: pig performance. J Anim Sci., issue 67 (10), pp. 595–602.
18. Knecht, D., Srodon, S. and Duziński, K., 2015. Breed on selected reproductive performance parameters of sows. Arch. Anim. Breed, issue 58, pp. 49 – 56.
19. Phelps, A., 1976. New hybrid fromesteem Europe. Pig international, Issue 4(6), pp. 10–14.
20. Shull, G. H., 1981. Hybridization methods in corn breeding. Amer. Breeding Magazine. issue 1, pp. 98–107.