Improvement of technology of producing processed cheese with filler
The development and comparative evaluation of two experimental recipes for the production of pasty processed cheese with different specific amounts of filler "Mushrooms" using the same technology of processing raw materials and similar ratios of components was carried out. The main distinguishing feature of the recipes was the mass fraction of filler "Mushrooms": "moderate" - 24 g and "high" - 36 g per 1 kg of the original mixture. Experimental formulations were processed using the Microsoft Excel Solver. After the production of processed cheeses, their energy value was established: 262.7 kcal / kg for processed cheese with "moderate" and 260.7 - with "high" content of "Mushrooms" filler. Scales for assessing the organoleptic characteristics of pasty processed cheeses on the basis of traits "comprehensive assessment of taste and smell", "ratio of cheese and mushroom taste and aftertaste", "severity of mushroom aftertaste", "uniformity of taste sensations over time", "color of processed cheese base", "structure of processed cheese" and consistency of processed cheese" were develop. Thus for each organoleptic sign 5 gradations with the verbal description of sensations of the expert which in each subsequent gradation gradually change from undesirable (1 point) to desirable (4 or 5 points) are provided. In the process of expert evaluation, the best option in terms of taste was determined - pasty processed cheese with a "moderate" filler content "Mushrooms". It has an excellent pleasant, not sugary cheese taste with a light mushroom aftertaste. At the same time, the pleasant cheese taste is successfully correlated with a light mushroom taste, and the expression of the taste is uniform over time. Processed cheese with "moderate" filler content "Mushrooms" significantly (p <0,01) differed from processed cheese with "high" filler content by "comprehensive assessment of taste and smell" and "severity of mushroom aftertaste" with the difference between cheese variants in Δ = 1.0 points and Δ = 1.2 points, respectively, in favor of the "moderate" option. A significant (p <0.001; Δ = 2 points) difference between processed cheeses with "moderate" and "high" content of "Mushrooms" filler was established on the basis of "ratio of cheese and mushroom taste and aftertaste". Processed cheese with a "moderate" content of "Mushrooms" filler also had a more attractive light yellow color - against a less attractive grayish hue of processed cheese with a "high" content of "Mushrooms" filler. The difference between these two cheeses is Δ = 2.8 points (p <0.001). Both varieties of processed cheese were characterized by a homogeneous, free of structure and "smear" consistency.
2. Bulut-Solak, Birsen and Akin, Nihat, 2019. Impact of Cooking pH Values on the Textural and Chemical Properties for Processed Cheeses with/without the Use of Traditional Village Cheese during Storage. Food Sci. Anim. Resour. V. 39(4). pp. 541-554. DOI: 10.5851/kosfa.2019.e34
3. Bejarano, E. E., Sepúlveda, J. U., and Restrepo, D. A., 2016. Characterization of a processed cheese spread produced from fresh cheese (quesito antioqueño). Rev. Fac. Nac. Agron. V. 69(2). pp. 8015-8022. DOI: 10.15446/rfna.v69n2.59146
4. Bovkun, A. A., 2004. Research of physical and chemical processes of melting and development of technology paste-like processed cheeses with use of cottage cheese. Abstract of Ph.D. dissertation. An institute of technology of milk and meat of the Ukrainian Academy of agrarian sciences, Kiev
5. Chen, L. and Liu, H., 2012. Effect of emulsifying salts on the physicochemical properties of processed cheese made from Mozzarella cheese. Journal of Dairy Science. V. 95. pp. 4823–4830. DOI: 10.3168/jds.2012-5480.
6. R. Cunha, Clarissa, H. Viotto, Walkiria, 2010. Casein peptization, functional properties, and sensory acceptance of processed cheese spreads made with different emulsifying salts. J. Food Sci. V. 75(1). pp. 113-20. DOI: 10.1111/j.1750-3841.2009.01444.x
7. Barkan, S. M. and Kuleshova, M. F., 1967. Plavlenyye syry. [Processed cheeses]. M. : Pyshchevaya promyshlennost.
8. Guinee, T. P. and O`Kennedy, B. T., 2009. The effect of calcium content of Cheddar-style cheese on the biochemical and rheological properties of processed cheese. Dairy Science and Technology, nо. 89, pp. 317–333. DOI: 10.1051/dst/2009009
9. Lupynska, S. M., 2017. Izucheniye protsessa plavleniya tvorozhnogo syr'ya pri proizvodstve plavlenykh syrov. [Study of the process of melting curd raw materials in the production of processed cheese]. Tekhnika i tekhnologiya pishchevykh proizvodstv. V. 46. № 3. pp. 43-49. https://vestnik.astu.org/temp/e24102d48a270b6e0c74f42ee7544470.pdf
10. Sokolova, Y. Yu., 2009. Vliyaniye rossiyskikh soley-plaviteley na kachestvo plavlenykh syrov [The influence of Russian melting salts on the quality of processed cheeses]. Syrodelye y maslodelye, nо. 4, pp.16–19.
11. Talbot-Walsh, Grace, Kannar, David, Selomulya, Cordelia, 2018. A review on technological parameters and recent advances in the fortification of processed cheese. Trends in Food Science & Technology. vol. 81, pp. 193-202. DOI: 10.1016/j.tifs.2018.09.023
12. Gavrilova, N. B. and Moliboga, E. A., 2014. Innovative technology processed cheese and cheese products for functional food. Food Processing Industry. V. 11. pp. 38-41. https://agris.fao.org/agris-search/search.do?recordID=RU2016000332
13. Lupynska, S. M. and Chechko, S. H., 2014. Stabilizatsionnaya smes' dlya plavleniya tvorozhnogo syr'ya pri proizvodstve pastoobraznykh plavlenykh syrnykh produktov [Stabilization mixture for melting curd raw materials in the production of pasty processed cheese products]. Syrodelye y maslodelye. № 2. pp. 30–33.
14. Hachak, Yu. R. and Mykhaylytska, O. R., 2014. Zastosuvannya roslynnoyi biodobavky v tekhnolohiyi plavlenykh syriv [Application of plant bioadditives in processed cheese technology]. In: Kyiv NUKhT, Ozdorovchi kharchovi produkty ta diyetychni dobavky: tekhnolohiyi, yakist ta bezpeka: zbirnyk materialiv naukovoyi konferentsiyi. Kyiv, pp. 31–32.
15. Benytska, A. A., Osechko, V. I. and Hachak Yu. R, 2016. Spetsiyi v yakosti fitodobavok u tekhnolohiyakh molochnykh produktiv LPS [Spices as phytonutrients in the technology of dairy products LPS]. In: LNUVM, Materialy mizhnarodnoyi studentskoho naukovoyi konferentsiyi LNUVM BT imeni S. Z. Hzhytskoho. part 3. pp. 89–90.
16. Hoyko, I. and Pryshepa, M., 2014. Zastosuvannya kropu, cheremshi, bazyliku u vyrobnytstvi kyslomolochnoho syru [The use of fennel, wild garlic, basil in the production of cottage cheese]. In: Kyiv NUKhT, Ozdorovchi kharchovi produkty ta diyetychni dobavky: tekhnolohiyi, yakist ta bezpeka: zbirnyk materialiv naukovoyi konferentsiyi. Kyiv, pp. 15–16.
17. Mdhammado, Ali and Fadaeo, Vajiheh, 2018. The effect of homogenization on texture of reduced dry matter processed cheese. Food Science and Technology. vol. 38 (Suppl. 1). pp. 190-195. DOI: 10.1590/1678-457X.17817