BIOCHEMICAL INDICATORS OF SERUM AND THEIR ASSOCIATIVE RELATIONSHIP WITH FATTENING AND MEAT QUALITIES OF YOUNG PIGS OF DIFFERENT INTRABREED DIFFERENTIATION BY INDEX ТYLER
The article presents the results of research of biochemical parameters serum of fattening and meat qualities of young pigs of different intrabreed differentiation according to the Tyler index, and also calculates the level of correlations between the trait and economic efficiency of the results of the research. The research was conducted in agricultural formations of Dnipropetrovsk region, «Jazz» meat-packing plant, research centre of biosafety and ecological control of agro-industrial resources of Dnipropetrovsk State Agrarian and Economic University and livestock laboratory of the Institute of Grain Crops of NAAS. The object of the study was young pigs of large white breed. Conditions for feeding and keeping animals of the experimental groups were identical and complied with zootechnical standards. Evaluation of young pigs for fattening and meat qualities was carried out taking into account the follow-ing indicators: the average daily increase in live weight during the period of control fattening, g; age of live weight 100 kg, days; fat thickness at the level of 6-7 thoracic vertebrae, mm; length of chilled carcass, cm; length of bacon half of chilled half-carcass, cm (Methods of evaluation of boars and sows by quality of offspring…, 2005). The economic efficiency of research results (Methodology for determining economic efficiency…, 1983) and biometric processing of the obtained data (Lakуn, 1990) were carried out according to generally accepted methods. The strength of the correlations between traits was determined by the Cheddock scale (Sidorova et al., 2003). It was found that the biochemical parameters of the serum of young pigs of the experimental group correspond to the physiological norm of clinically healthy animals. The difference between the groups in terms of total protein content is 5.51-4.72%, urea content - 14.48-18.32%, urea nitrogen content - 13.87-18.76% and creatinine concentration - 10.39-2.50%. Young pigs of the controlled herd at the age of reaching a live weight of 100 kg, fat thickness at the level of 6-7 thoracic vertebrae and length of chilled carcass, according to the current Instructions for grading pigs exceed the minimum requirements for the elite class by an average of 14.38%.Taking into account the intra-breed differentiation of young pigs of large white breed according to the Tyler index, it was found that animals of group I probably outperformed peers of groups II and III in average daily live weight gain during the control period (by 7.35 – 11.49%), age of live weight 100 kg (by 3.54 – 6.33%), the thickness of the fat at the level of 6-7 thoracic vertebrae (by 11.90 – 20.25%). The pair wise correlation coefficient between the biochemical parameters of blood serum, fattening and meat qualities of young pigs of large white breed ranges from -0.608 to +0.750. The use of young pigs of group I (Tyler's index ranges from 155.30 to 182.36 points) provides additional products at the level of +6.03%, and its value is 273.30 UAH / head.
2. Pogodaev V.A., Komlatsky G.V. 2014. Vosproizvoditel'nyye, otkormochnyye i myasnyye kachestva sviney datskoy selektsii [Reproductive, fattening and meat qualities of pigs of Danish selection]. Zootekhniya, іssue 6, pp. 5-7.
3. Oleinichenko E.K., Sarantseva N.V., Vovk V.A., Saenko A.M., Korinnoy S.N., Balatsky V.N. 2018. Vliyaniye polimorfizmov genov leptina i retseptora leptina na produktivne kachestva sviney krupnoy beloy porody. [Influence of polymorphisms of leptin and leptin receptor genes on the productivity of large white pigs]. Svinarstvo. Mízhvídomchiy tematichniy naukoviy zbírnik, іssue 71, рр. 83-92.
4. Bazhov G.M., Komlatskiy V.N. 1989. Biotekhnologiya intensivnogo svinovodstva. [Biotechnology of intensive pig breeding] – Moskva: Rossagropromizdat, 269 p.
5. Khalak, V., Gutyj, B., Bordun, O., Ilchenko, M., Horchanok, A. Effect of blood serum enzymes on meat qualities of piglet productivity. Ukrainian Journal of Ecology. 2020. 10 (1). 158–161. doi: 10.15421/2020_25.
6. Khalak, V., Horchanok, A., Kuzmenko, O., Lytvyshchenko, L., Lieshchova, M., Кalinichenko, A., Liskovich, V., Zagoruy, L. Protein metabolism, physicochemical properties and chemical composition of muscle tissue in Large White weaners. Ukrainian Journal of Ecology. 2020. 10 (4). 127–131. doi: 10.15421/ 2020_ 179
7. Tserenyuk O.M. 2009. Yakistʹ m’yaso-sal’noyi produktsiyi tvaryn iz riznoyu stresostiykistyu. [Quality of meat and fat prod-ucts of animals with different stress resistance]. Naukovo – tekhnichnyy byulletenʹ. Instytut tvarynnytstva NAAN, Kharkiv, No. 100, pp. 491–496.
8. Khalak V.I. 2015. Nekotoryye selektsionnyye priznaki sviney i ikh otsenka s ispol’zovaniye innovatsionnykh metodov. [Some breeding traits of pigs and their assessment using innovative methods]. Nauchnyy faktor v strategii innovatsionnogo razvitiya svinovodstva: sb. materialov XXII Mezhdunar. nauch.-prakt. konf. Grodno: GAU, pp. 140-145.
9. Voloshchuk V.M., Khalak V.I. 2015. Produktyvnist’ svyney riznoyi pleminnoyi tsinnosti ta klasiv rozpodilu za indeksamy O. Vanhena ta A. Sazera, Kh. Fredina. [Productivity of pigs of different breeding value and distribution classes according to the indices of O. Wangen and A. Sazer, H. Fredin], Svynarstvo. Mizhvidomchyy tematychnyy nauk. zb. Instytutu svynarstva i APV NAAN. Poltava, іssue 67, pp. 81–86.
10. Balatsky V. N., Bankovska I. В., Saienko A. M. Association between leptin receptor gene polymorphism and quality of both meat and back fat in large white pigs of ukrainian breeding // Agricultural Science and Practice. 2016. V. 3. No. 2. P. 42-48.
11. Bankovskaya I. B., Balatsky V. N., Buslik T. V. 2016. Svyaz' polimorfizma genov katepsinov CTSS, CTSL, CTSB, CTSK s pokazatelyami kachestva myasa i sala sviney ukrainskoy krupnoy beloy porody [Relationship of polymorphism of genes of cathep-sins CTSS, CTSL, CTSB, CTSK with indicators of quality of meat and fat of pigs of the Ukrainian large white breed], Aktual'nyye problemy intensivnogo razvitiya zhivotnovodstva. Gorki: BGSKhA, іssue. 19, рart 1, pp. 198-204.
12. Polymorphisms of the porcine cathepsins, growth hormone-releasing hormone and leptin receptor genes and their asso-ciation with meat quality traits in Ukrainian Large White breed / V. Balatsky [et al.] // Molecular Biology Reports. 2016. V. 43. P. 517-526. URL : https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/ PMC4870287/
13. Novel SNPs and microsatellite polymorphisms in chosen candidate genes (MyoD, GHRHR, IGF1 and IGF2) and analysis of their association with carcass quality traits in pigs / M. Pierzchała [et al.] //Abstracts.: Proceedings of 29th International Confer-ence on Animal Genetics, Tokyo (Japan), 11–16 September, 2004. P. 139.
14. Berezovs’ky M.D., Khat’ko I.V. 2005. Metodyky otsinky knuriv i svynomatok za yakistyu potomstva v umovakh pleminnykh zavodiv i pleminnykh reproduktoriv. [Methods for assessing boars and sows for the quality of offspring in breeding plants and breeding breeders], Suchasni metodyky doslidzhenʹ u svynarstvi, Poltava, pp. 32–37.
15. Vashchenko P.A. Prohnozuvannya pleminnoyi tsinnosti svyney na osnovi liniynykh modeley selektsiynykh indeksiv ta DNK-markeriv: 2019. [Prediction of breeding value of pigs on the basis of linear models of selection indices and DNA markers] avtoref. dys.. na zdobuttya nauk. stupenya d-ra s.-h. nauk : spets. 06.02.01 «Rozvedennya ta selektsiya tvaryn». Mykolaiv, 43 p.
16. Simonyan G.A., Khisamutdinov F.F. 1995.Veterinarnaya gematologiya. [Veterinary hematology], Moskva, 256 p.
17. Laboratorni metody doslidzhen u biolohiyi, tvarynnytstvi ta veterynarniy medytsyni: dovidnyk 2012. / V. V. Vlizlo ta in.; za red. V. V. Vlizlo. [Laboratory research methods in biology, animal husbandry and veterinary medicine]. Lviv: SPOLOM, 767 p.
18. Praktikum po teorii statistiki 2003. Workshop on the theory of statistics / A. V. Sidorova et al. Donetsk: Don. nat. un-t., 252p.
19. Metodika opredeleniya ekonomicheskoy effektivnosti ispol'zovaniya v sel'skom khozyaystve rezul'tatov nauchno-issledovatel'skikh rabot, novoy tekhnologii, izobreteniy i ratsionalizatorskikh predlozheniy. 1983. [Methodology for determining the economic efficiency of the use in agriculture of the results of scientific research, new technology, inventions and rationalization pro-posals]. Moskva, VAIIPI,149 p.
20. Lakуn G.F. 1990. Biometriya [Biometrics]. Moscva: Vysshaya shkola, 352 p.