Synoviocytogram of horses under conditions of the aseptic arthritis treatment
The article describes the efficiency of aseptic arthritis treatment in horses by means of tiotriazolini and dexamethasone. To substantiate the therapeutic effectiveness of the selected drugs, the research was conducted on 12, 18, 24-month horses in the dynamics of aseptic arthritis development and the disease course. The results of the research indicate that the injection of solutions of tiotriazolini and polyvinylpyrolidone intraarterially to prevent the clinical inflammation signs contributed for the improvement of the animals’ general condition after the 3rd injection. The synoviocytogram was already characterized by positive shifts on the 10th day after the second injection of dexamethasone novocaine-based solution with the addition of laevomycetin, which proves the advisability of treating horses of different age groups with aseptic arthritis by means of tiotriazolin and dexamethasone.
2. Zamaziy A.A., Peredera R.V. (2002). Changes in the cellular composition and some enzymes in the synovial fluid in horses with age. Horse breeding and equestrian sport, 3, 25–26.
3. Izdepsky V.I., Zamaziy A.A., Rublenko A.G. Stotsky A.G., Chernyak S.V., Chornozub N.P. (2002). The properties of synovia are normal and with aseptic arthritis. Veterinary medicine, 3, 41–44.
4. Stekolnikov AA, Krasnova NL (1996). Treatment and prevention of tendinitis in horses. Veterinary medicine, 11, 39-41
5. Rublenko SV (1997). State of proteolytic and fibrinolytic system in synovial fluid of young cattle in norms and in aseptic arthritis: Abstract. Dis. of PhD. 21 p.
6. Zamazy A. A. (2004). Likuvannia aseptychnykh artrytiv u konei [Treatment of aseptic arthritis in horses] Visnyk SNAU [Bulletin of SNAU], 7 (12), 44–46. (іn Ukrainian)
7. Borisevich V.B. (1991). Technological diseases of agricultural animals. Problems of surgical pathologists s. animal: Abstract. doc. All-Union. Scientific Conf. 65-68.
8. White-Lewis S, Johnson R, Ye S, Russell C. (2019) An equine-assisted therapy intervention to improve pain, range of motion, and quality of life in adults and older adults with arthritis: A randomized controlled trial. Appl Nurs Res., 49:5-12. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apnr.2019.07.002 .
9. Glass K, Watts AE. (2017) Septic Arthritis, Physitis, and Osteomyelitis in Foals. Vet Clin North Am Equine Pract. 33(2), 299-314. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cveq.2017.03.002 .
10. Chapman HS, Richardson DW, Ortved KF. (2019). Arthrodesis of the metacarpophalangeal and metatarsophalangeal joints to treat osteoarthritis in 17 horses. Vet Surg. 2019, 48(5), 850-857. https://doi.org/10.1111/vsu.13236 .
11. Yoshimura S, Koziy RV, Dickinson R, Moshynskyy I, McKenzie JA, Simko E, Bracamonte JL. (2020) Use of serum amyloid A in serum and synovial fluid to detect eradication of infection in experimental septic arthritis in horses. Can J Vet Res., 84(3) 198-204. PMCID: PMC7301682.
12. Robinson, C. S.; Singer, E. R.; Piviani, M.; Rubio-Martinez, L. M. (2017. )Are Serum Amyloid A or D-Lactate Useful to Diagnose Synovial Contamination or Sepsis in Horses. Vet. Rec. , 181(16), 425, DOI: https://doi.org/10.1136/vr.104386
13. Wormstrand B, Ostevik L, Ekman S, Olstad K. (2018). Septic arthritis/osteomyelitis may lead to osteochondrosis‐like lesions in foals. Vet Pathol. ; 55: 693– 702. https://doi.org/10.1177/0300985818777786
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.