EFFECT OF DIFFERENT SOWING DATE, PLANTING DENSITY ON YIELD AND MAIN AGRONOMIC TRAITS IN WINTER WHEAT VARIETY BAINONG 207
Nowadays, the field is changed from «three parts planting, seven parts management» to «seven parts planting, three parts management», which requires good varieties with high adaptability and simplified and practical farming techniques to support modern agriculture.In our studies, we used the Bainong 207 winter wheat variety as the experimental material and had four sowing dates and four sowing density options for each sowing date. The influence of sowing dates and sowing density on yield, yield components and main agrotechnical features has been studied. According to the results of research, it was found that the influence of sowing dates and density on yield and the main components of yield differed significantly, with the influence of sowing time was greater than the influence of density. Yield, spike number and grain number per spike were highest in A2, and weight of thousands of grains - in A3; B2 and B3 had the highest yields, spike number and the grain number per spike increased and then decreased with increasing density, and the thousand grain weight gradually decreased. The setting percentage was higher at a certain date and density; there is no clear tendency of bulk weight with sowing date delay and increase density. The plant height gradually decreased with the sowing date delay , and increase with density. Spike length was a relatively stable feature with no significant changes with sowing dates and density. According to the results of research, the most appropriate terms of sowing of winter wheat of Bainong 207 variety have been established. Correlation analysis showed that high yields can be achieved by combining three yield factors with corresponding sowing dates and sowing densities.
2. Chen, A. D., Cai, J. H., Wen, M. X., Li, D. L., & Qu, C. X. (2014). Effects of sowing dates and planting densities on grain yield and quality of wheat cultivar Zhenmai 168 [J]. Jiangsu Journal of Agricultural Sciences, 30(1), 9–13.
3. Chen-Yang, W, Feng, H, Yu-Hong, Z, Zi-jing, N, & Tian-cai, G. (2009). Effect of Sowing Date on Photosynthetic Characteristics of Flag Leaf and Grain Yield in Winter Wheat Cultivars with Different Ear-types [J]. Journal of Henan Agricultural Sciences,7, 35–37.
4. Guo Tiancai, Zhu Yunji,Wang Chenyang, Cui Jinmei, & Kang Guozhang. (2004). Study on Yield Formation of Two Kinds of Spike of Winter Wheat Cultivars and Their Key Cultivation Techniques for Super-high Yield [J]. Review of China agricultural science and technology, 4(6), 46–50. doi: 10.3969/j.issn.1008-0864.2004.04.009
5. Guo, J. (2009). Effects of Warm-winter on Some Indexes of Center Later Period Wheat in Huaibei Area. Journal of Anhui Agricultural Sciences, 24(37), 11475–11477.
6. Hao, Y. M., LI, Y.H., & Huo, C. B. (2011). Effect of Sowing Date and Seeding Rate on Yield and Yield Components in Winter Wheat[J]. Journal of Shanxi Agricultural Sciences, 39(5), 422–424. doi: 10.3969/j.issn.1002-2481.2011.05.11
7. Hu, T. (1986). Ecology and production technology of Wheat [M]. Henan Science and Technology Press.
8. Huan-Huan, Hu, Li-Ping, Liu, Rui-Qi, Li, & Yan-Ming, Li (2008). Effect of Sowing Date and Planting Density on the Yield Formation of a Winter Wheat Cultivar Henong 822 [J]. Journal of Triticeae Crops, 28(3), 490–495. doi: 10.3901/JME.2008.09.177
9. Jiang, P., Yang, X. M., Zhang, P., Yang, D., Zhang, p. p., Yao, J.B., & Ma, H. X. (2014). Effects of Sowing Date and Density on Yield and Quality of Wheat Variety Shengxuan 6 [J]. Acta Agriculturae Jiangxi, 7(26), 5–9
10. Jinfei, X., Zhenping, Y., Dingyu, Z., & Zhiqiang, G. (2012). Effects of Nitrogen Fertilizer and Population Density on Grain Yield and Quality of Later-sowing Wheat in Jinzhong Region [J]. Journal of Shanxi Agricultural University, 2(32), 112–117.
11. Jinshang, He, Weijun Zhang, Xiaoliang Wang, Ling Kang, Dongsheng Chen, Hanming Yuan & Genyou Dang (2018). Effects of Different Sowing Date and Planting Density on Growth and Yield of Early-maturing Winter Wheat in Ningxia Yellow River Irrigation Area[J]. Guizhou Agricultural Sciences, 12(46), 38–43.
12. Hai, J. B., You, H. X., & Zhang, B. J. (2002). Effects of Different Sowing Rates on the Growth and Development, Yield and Quality of Winter Wheat Variety Xiaoyan 503 for Noodles[J]. Acta Tritical Crops,22(3), 92–94.
13. Han, J. L., Yang, Q., Wang, W. P., Li Y. S., & Zhou, Y. F. (2011). Effects of Sowing Date on the Caulis and Tillers Differentiation of Young Spike and Yield in Winter Wheat [J]. Journal of Triticeae Crops, 2, 303–307.
14. LI, J., Wang, L., Ren, L. K., Liu, Y. H., & Dai, T. B. (2010). Effect of Sowing Date,Density and Nitrogen Management on Grain Yield and Quality of Winter Wheat Lianmai 2 [J]. Journal of Triticeae Crops, 2, 303–308. doi: 10.1080/00949651003724790
15. Kong, L. C., Wang, J. L., Cao, C.F., Zhao, B., & Zhao, Z. (2004). Effect of Main Cultivation Measures on Grain Yield and Quality of Wanmai 44 [J]. Acta Tritical Crops, 24(4), 84–87.
16. Lin, E. (1996). Agricultural vulnerability and adaptation to global warming in China. Water Air & Soil Pollution, 92(1–2), 63–73. doi: 10.1007/BF00175553
17. Bao-hua, Liu, Yu-Huan, Su, Xue-xiang, Wang, Gui-zhen, Zhang, Dong-mei, Chen, Yong-an, Ma & Yan-min, LI. (2014). Effects of Planting Density on the Main Agronomic Traits and Yield of Winter Wheat Hanmai. Journal of Hebei Agricultural Sciences, 2, 13–17.
18. Liu, F. L., Ren, Y. F., Wang, W. D., Dang, Z., & Zhang, B, J. (2017). Effects of Sowing Date and Planting Density on Grain-Filling Characteristics and Yield of Winter Wheat Cultivar Pubing 151 [J]. Shandong Agricultural Sciences, 6(49), 41–47.
19. Liu, W. D., Chen, X. Y., Yin, J, & Du, P. X. (2009). Effect of Sowing Date and Planting Density on Population Trait and Grain Yield of Winter Wheat Cultivar Yumai 49–198 [J]. Journal of Triticeae Crops, 29(3), 464–469.
20. Shanshan, Qu, Songjian, Li, Xiyong, Sun, & Fengling, Zhang. (2013). The Effects of Planting Dates and Seeding Rates on the Yield and Yield components in Winter Wheat [J]. Journal of Qingdao Agricultural University (Natural Science), 1, 22–25.
21. Wenhong, Li., Yonghui, Ding, Dan, Cao & Zhaoxian, Zhang. (2016). Effects of Different Sowing Patterns on Dry Matter Accumulation and Yield of Wheat[J]. Journal of Henan Agricultural Sciences, 45(2), 11–16. doi: 10.15933/j.cnki.1004-3268.2016.02.003
22. Wu, D. B., Cao, G. C., Li, R. Q., & Zhang, Z. Q. (2004). Effects of Yield and Analysis under Conditions of Precision Seeding of Small Sowing Amount for the Winter Wheat DS No.1 [J]. Chinese Journal of Applied Ecology, 3, 1–5. doi: 10.1300/J064v24n01_09
23. Yan, C. P., Zhang, Y. Q., Zhang, D. Y., & Dang, J. Y. (2008). Effects of sowing date and planting density on the grain's protein component and quality of strong and medium gluten winter wheat cultivars[J]. Chinese Journal of Applied Ecology, 19(8), 1733–1740.
24. Yang, C.L., Guan, L., Hou, J.H., Wang, K., Song, Z. J., Han, Y. & Li, X.L. (2007). Study on the yield components of wheat in Huang-huai Region [J]. Shandong Agricultural Sciences, 4, 19–23.
25. Yang, G. X., Zhao, G. C., Xu, K., Chang, X.H., Yang, Y.S., Ma, S.K., Feng, M., & Xu, F. J. (2010). Effect of Sowing Date and Density on Grain Yield and Nutrition Quality and Physiological Index of Winter Wheat. Journal of Triticeae Crops, 30(4), 687–692. doi: 10.1080/00949651003724790
26. Yang, H., Hu Hai., Wang, C., Wang, T., Hu, D., Li, H. X., Ruan, R. W., Yuan, X. H., & Yi, Z. L. ( 2015).Effects of Sowing Date, Fertilization Rate and Planting Density on the Quality, Yield and Yield-Contributing Factors of Waxy Wheat Cultivar'1718WX'[J]. Journal of Southwest University (Natural Science Edition), 2, 12–17.
27. Su Y. H., Liu, B. H., Ma, Y. A., Chen, D. M., Zhang, G. Z., Zhao, Z. P., Wang, X. X., & Zhang, J. Y. (2015). Effect of Sowing Date and Seeding Density on Yield Formation of New Wheat Cuitivar Hanmai No.14. Journal of Hebei Agricultural Sciences, 19(5), 14–18.
28. Zhang, X. Q., Du, S. Z., Cao, C.F., Qiao, R. Q., Zhao, Z. & Zhang, Y. L. (2014). Effect of Sowing Date and Planting Density on Population Quality,Chlorophyll Fluorescence and Yield of Wanmai 52 in Huaibei Area. Journal of Triticeae Crops, 3, 395–402.
29. Zhenhu, W., Xiying, Z., Suying, C., Dong, P., Hongyong, S. & Xianglan, L. (2007). Analysis of yield components, physiological and agronomic characters of different cultivars of winter wheat bread during different ages. Chinese Journal of Eco-Agriculture, 15(3), 75–79.
30. Zhang, D. Y., Zhang, Y. Q., Yan, C. P. & Pei, X. X. (2009). Effects of Genotype, Sowing Date and Planting Density on Grain Filling and Yield of Wheat Varieties with Different Ears Forming Characteristics. Chinese Journal of Applied & Environmental Biology, 15(1), 28–34. doi: 10.3724/SP.J.1145.2009.00028