EFFECTIVENESS OF APPLICATION OF BIOLOGICAL PREPARATIONS AND PLANT GROWTH REGULATORS FOR GROWING AGRICULTURAL CROPS IN THE SOUTHERN STEPPE ZONE OF UKRAINE
Extensive system of agriculture applying mineral fertilizers and pesticides has caused ecological imbalance in agroecosystems, soil degradation, negative consequences in the biosphere and problems of food safety. The research establishes that application of biological preparations and plant growth regulators in crop production is a promising trend in agriculture ensuring high potential of agricultural production with a minimal impact on agro-ecosystems. The purpose of the study is to determine effectiveness of application of bio-preparations and plant growth regulators for growing agricultural crops in the Southern Steppe zone of Ukraine. The research was conducted using field, analytical, economic-statistical, comparative and abstract-logical methods. The study on productivity of agricultural crops under arid conditions of the Southern Steppe of Ukraine was based on application of the plant growth regulators Hreinaktyv С and Nano-Hro. The highest increase in winter wheat grain yield was identified in the crops treated three times with Hreinaktyv С at the stage of tillering, flag leaf emergence and grain filling (3.2 c/ha, 18 %). In this case the greatest effect was observed in the crops treated at the stage of tillering, where an increase in the yield was 2.9 c/ha, +16 % to the control variant. Treatment of the crops at the stage of a flag leaf contributed to an increase in the yield by 0.7 c/ha (4 %), and at the stage of grain filling – by 0.8 c/ha (4.5 %). Pre-sowing treatment of sunflower hybrid seeds with Nano-Hro and treatment of the crops at the growing stage (before a flowering stage) resulted in an equal increase – by 0.9 c/ha of seeds (+12 % to the control variant). An increase in the yield was only 0.32 c/ha (4 %) when sunflower crops were treated after flowering. The highest increase in the sunflower yield was observed when the crops were treated three times at the mentioned development stages being 1.6 c/ha (+22 % to the control variant). A positive effect of the preparation was identified at the initial stages of the industrial crop development due to the growth of the root system and an increase in absorption of nutrients from the soil. The research establishes that the preparation Hreinaktyv С is environmentally friendly, it decomposes quickly in soil, does not cause an effect of adaptation and reduces a risk of plant diseases, has a positive impact on agricultural crop productivity. Pre-sowing treatment with the plant growth stimulator Nano-Hro contributes to immune effect of plants, increases their resistance to unfavorable weather conditions, decreases pesticide loads on soils and protects against pests.
3. Chuhrii, H. A., Viniukov, O. O., & Hyrka, A. D. (2020). Vyvchennia vplyvu biopreparativ za riznykh norm vnesennia na produktyvnist pshenytsi ozymoi v umovakh pivnichnoho stepu Ukrainy [Study of the impact of biological products at different rates of application on the productivity of winter wheat in the northern steppe of Ukraine]. Science Review, 1(28), 9−15 (in Ukrainian). doi: 10.31435/rsglobal_sr/31012020/6867
4. Domaratskyi, Ye. O. (2018). Vplyv ristrehuliuiuchykh preparativ ta mineralnykh dobryv na pozhyvnyi rezhym soniashnyka [Influence of restrictive drugs and mineral fertilizers on the nutrient regime of sunflower]. Naukovi dopovidi Natsionalnoho universytetu bioresursiv i pryrodokorystuvannia Ukrainy, 1, (71) (in Ukrainian). doi: 10.31548/dopovidi2018.01.018
5. Dominique Holtappels, Kiandro Fortuna, Rob Lavigne, & Jeroen Wagemans (2021). The future of phage biocontrol in integrated plant protection for sustainable crop production. Current Opinion in Biotechnology, 68, 60–71. doi: 10.1016/j.copbio.2020.08.016
6. Dubytskyi, O. L. (2015). Urozhainist i yakist zerna ozymoi pshenytsi za biolohizovanykh system udobrennia [Yield and quality of winter wheat grain under biologized fertilizer systems]. Peredhirne ta hirske zemlerobstvo i tvarynnytstvo, 57, 81–86 (in Ukrainian).
7. Farniev A. T., Kozyirev A. H., Sabanova A. A., & Kokoev H. P. (2019). Rol biopreparatov i ih bakovyih smesey v povyishenii bolezneustoychivosti i produktivnosti soi soi [The role of biological products and their tank mixtures in increasing the disease resistance and productivity of soybeans]. Niva Povolzhya, 4, 86−92 (in Russian). doi: 10.36461/NP.2019.52.3.013
8. Hashem, A., Tabassum, B., & Fathi Abd Allah, E. (2019). Bacillus subtilis: a plant-growth promoting Rhizobacterium that also impacts biotic stress. Saudi J. Biol. Sci, 26, 1291–1297.
9. Honcharuk, I. V., Kovalchuk, S. Ia., Tsytsiura, Ya. H., & Lutkovska S. M. (2020). Dynamichni protsesy rozvytku orhanichnoho vyrobnytstva v Ukraini [Dynamic processes of development of organic production in Ukraine]. TOV “TVORY”. Vinnytsia. 478 (in Ukrainian).
10. Hrabovska T. O., & Melnyk H. H. (2017). Vplyv biopreparativ na produktyvnist pshenytsi ozymoi za orhanichnoho vyrobnytstva [Influence of biologicals on the productivity of winter wheat for organic production]. Ahrobiolohiia, 1, 80−85 (in Ukrainian).
11. Jubi Jacob, Gopika Vijayakumari Krishnan, Drissya Thankappan, & Dileep Kumar Bhaskaran Nair Saraswathy Amm (2020). Endophytic bacterial strains induced systemic resistance in agriculturally important crop plants. Microbial Endophytes, 75–105. doi: 10.1016/B978-0-12-819654-0.00004-1
12. Kovalenko, O. A., Kliuchnyk, M. A., & Chebanenko, K. V. (2015). Zastosuvannia biopreparativ dlia obrobky nasinnievoho materialu pshenytsi ozymoi [The use of biological products for the treatment of seeds of winter wheat]. Naukovi pratsi Chornomorskoho derzhavnoho universytetu imeni Petra Mohyly kompleksu Kyievo-Mohylianska akademiia. Seriia: Ekolohiia, 256, 244, 74–77 (in Ukrainian).
13. Kozhushko, M. (2016). Efektyvnist zastosuvannia biopreparativ u tekhnolohii vyroshchuvannia silskohospodarskykh kultur u Zakhidnomu rehioni Ukrainy [The effectiveness of biological products in the technology of growing crops in the Western region of Ukraine]. Tekhnika i tekhnolohii, 5(80), 37–42 (in Ukrainian).
14. Krutiakova, V. I. (2020). Biometod – osnova staloho rozvytku vitchyznianoho zemlerobstva [Biomethod – the basis of sustainable development of domestic agriculture]. Visnyk ahrarnoi nauky, 9 (810), 5–14 (inUkrainian).
15. Kumera Nemea, Ayman Nafady, & Yetenayet Bekele Tola (2021). Application of nanotechnology in agriculture, postharvest loss reduction and food processing: food security implication and challenges, 7, 12. doi: 10.1016/j.heliyon.2021. e08539
16. Kuznetsov, I., Islamgulov, D., Nafikova, A., & Dmitriev, A (2021). Effect of growth regulator Melafen and chelated fertilizer Metallocene on yield and quality of winter wheat. Biocatalysis and Agricultural Biotechnology, 38. doi: 10.1016/j.bcab.2021.102198
17. Novokhatskyi, M. Tarhonia, V., & Bondarenko, O. (2018). Kontseptsiia intensyfikatsii biolohichnoho ahrovyrobnytstva [The concept of intensification of organic farming]. Tekhniko-tekhnolohichni aspekty rozvytku ta vyprobuvannia novoi tekhniky i tekhnolohii dlia silskoho hospodarstva Ukrainy, 22, 132–140 (in Ukrainian).
18. Pysarenko, P. V., Samoilik, M. S., Dychenko, O. Iu., Sereda, M. S., & Pohosian, A. A. (2021). Medyko-biolohichna ta toksykolohichna otsinka vykorystannia biopreparativ u zemlerobstvi [Medico-biological and toxicological assessment of the use of biological products in agriculture]. Visnyk PDAA, 1, 187–195 (in Ukrainian).
19. Reda Ben Mrid (2021). Secondary metabolites as biostimulant and bioprotectant agents: A review. Science of The Total Environment, 777. doi: 10.1016/j.scitotenv.2021.146204
20. Samriti Mankotia, Jagannath Swain, & Santosh, B. Satbhai (2022). Chapter 17 – Biotechnological approaches for generating iron-rich crops. Plant Nutrition and Food Security in the Era of Climate Change, 437–451. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/B978-0-12-822916-3.00011-1
21. Sedilo, H. M. (2015). Zastosuvannia orhano-mineralnykh dobryv na sirykh lisovykh poverkhnevo ohleienykh gruntakh Karpatskoho rehionu. [Application of organo-mineral fertilizers on gray forest surface gleyed soils of the Carpathian region]. Visnyk ahrarnoi nauky, 2, 11–15 (in Ukrainian).
22. Shagufta Afreena, Rishabh Anand Omar, Neetu Talreja, Divya Chauhan, Mangalaraj, R. V., & Mohamma Ashfaqc (2022). Nanostructured materials based on copper/carbon as a plant growth stimulant. Nanobiotechnology for Plant Protection, 367–391. doi: 10.1016/B978-0-12-823833-2.000040
23. Shepilova, T. P.(2019). Vplyv rehuliatoriv rostu na produktyvnist soi v umovakh Pivnichnoho Stepu Ukra yiny [Influence of growth regulators on soybean productivity in the Northern Steppe of Ukraine]. Visnyk PDAA, 3, 80−84 (in Ukrainian).
24. Shuvar, A. M. (2020). Zastosuvannia biolohichnykh preparativ v orhanichnii tekhnolohii vyroshchuvannia pshenytsi ozymoi [Application of biological preparations in organic technology of winter wheat cultivation]. Peredhirne ta hirske zemlerobstvo i tvarynnytstvo, 67(1), 143–155 (in Ukrainian).
25. Thomas Müller, & Undine Behrendt (2021). Exploiting the biocontrol potential of plant-associated pseudomonads – A step towards pesticide-free agriculture? Biological Control, 155. doi: 10.1016/j.biocontrol.2021.104538
26. Tkalich, Yu. I., Tsilyurik, A. I., & Kozechko, V. I. (2018). Agroekologicheskaya effektivnost mikroudobreniy i regulyatorov rosta rasteniy v tehnologii vyiraschivaniya podsolnechnika severnoy Stepi Ukrainyi [Agroecological efficiency of microfertilizers and plant growth regulators in the technology of sunflower cultivation in the northern Steppe of Ukraine]. Vestnik Prikaspiya, 2, 4–9 (in Russian).
27. Vasylenko M. H. (2017). Orhano-mineralni dobryva i rehuliatory rostu roslyn v orhanichnomu zemlerobstvi [Organomineral fertilizers and plant growth regulators in organic farming]. Visnyk ahrarnoi nauky, 8, 11−18 (in Ukrainian).
28. Yashchenko, S. A. (2019). Efektyvnist biopreparatu enteronormin na rannikh etapakh ontohenezu roslyn pshenytsi ozymoi [Efficacy of enteronormin biological product in the early stages of ontogenesis of winter wheat plants]. Ahroekolohichnyi zhurnal, 2, 50–54 (in Ukrainian).
29. Ying Ma (2019). Seed coating with beneficial microorganisms for precision agriculture. Biotechnology Advances, 37, 7. doi: 10.1016/j.biotechadv.2019.107423
30. Zhang, H., Sun, X., & Dai, M. (2022). Improving crop drought resistance with plant growth regulators and rhizobacteria: Mechanisms, applications, and perspectives. Plant Comm, 3. doi: 10.1016/j.xplc.2021.100228