Pathomorphological changes in the body of calves in protozoosis, prevention measures
The problem of establishing the prevalence of protozoa among animals is disclosed in this article. Cryptosporidiosis of calves is widespread in farms of Sumy and Chernihiv regions. The extent of infestation in different areas ranges from 12.4% to 81.4% and averages 41.23% of the surveyed livestock. In different territorial and climatic zones of the location of farms during the survey was almost the same level of involvement of calves from 39.3% to 81.4%. Examination of sick animals revealed the pathogen Cryptosporidium parvus. The duration of infestation and the development of infestation in newborn calves depends in direct proportion to their content and seasonality. From the fourth day of birth, the allocation of oocysts is registered. The maximum number is observed on the seventh day and the figure was 50.8 + 0.47% in winter and from 29.6 + 0.25% to 42.8 + 0.31% in summer. two peaks of invasion extent. The first is registered on the fifth day after the onset of pathogen isolation. On the seventh day, the second wave of oocyst secretion is established. The duration of secretion of Cryptosporidium oocysts in calves is up to 21 days from birth. Veterinary conditions of animals play a significant role in the spread of cryptosporidiosis among susceptible livestock. The accumulation of oocysts in the environment is caused by its constant circulation in livestock facilities for keeping newborn calves. At hematological research the extension efficiency of drugs of coccidiostats at complex application is established. When they are used in the blood of animals to be treated, the amount of hemoglobin, erythrocytes increases. The level of leukocytes and leukogram parameters correspond to the physiological norm in the process of recovery. In laboratory diagnosis, a modified method of segmentation in a solution of surfactants was used. As a means of inhibiting the development of the pathogen, used a complex drug of domestic production Bravitacoccid at a dose of 1.5 g / 10 kg of body weight with vitamin B1 and combined with drugs that stabilize metabolism in animals .. Particular attention was paid to the preparation of premises for maintenance newborn calves, with a preliminary study in the laboratory, washed from the walls, machines, household items, oocyte contamination of the pathogen C. Parvum and other representatives of invasive pathogens.
2. Bejer T.V., Sydorenko N.V., Hryhorʹev M.V. (1995). Cryptosporidium parvum. Apicomplexa: Sporosoa, Coccidia, optymyzacyja technykypolučenyja bolʹšoj massы oocyst. [Cryptosporidium parvum. Apicomplexa: Sporosoa, Coccidia, optimization of the technique of obtaining a large mass of oocysts.]. Parazytolohyja. [Parasitology]. Ufa: Logos. № 3. 198-207 [in Russian].
3. Vasylʹeva V.A., Nebajkyna L.A. (1995). Kryptosporydyoz žyvotnыch. [Cryptosporidiosis of animals]. Veterynaryja. [Veterinary]. Kishinev: SKP. № 10. 31-32 [in Russian].
4. Grebenev A.L., Myagkova L.P. (2006). Bolezny kyšečnyka. [Intestinal diseases.] Covremennыe dostyženyja v dyahnostyke y terapyy. [Modern advances in diagnosis and therapy]. M.: Medicine. 400 [in Russian].
5. Dahno I.S., Berezovsky A.V., Galat V.F. (2001). Atlas gel'mіntіv tvarin. [Atlas of helminths of animals]. Kiїv: Vetіnform. 34-59 [in Ukraine].
6. Zhurenko V.V. (2016). Vplyv zbudnyka kryptosporydiozu teljat na biochimični pokaznyky syrovatky krovi. [Influence of the causative agent of cryptosporidiosis of calves on serum biochemical parameters]. Naukovyj visnyk Lʹvivsʹkoho nacionalʹnoho universytetu veterynarnoï medycyny ta biotechnolohiï imeni S.Z.Gžycʹkoho. [Scientific Bulletin of SZ Gzhytsky Lviv National University of Veterinary Medicine and Biotechnology]. 18. 3 (70). 100-102 [in Ukrainian]. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.31548/ujvs2019.01.051.
7. Zhurenko V.V., Soroka N.M., Zhurenko O.V. (2016). Porušennja fermentatyvnoï aktyvnosti u teljat,chvorych na kryptosporydioz. [Loss of enzymatic activity in calves, cryptosporidiosis ailments]. Problemy zooinženeriï ta veterynarnoï medycyny. [Problems of zooengineering and veterinary medicine]. No33. 135–137. [in Ukraine].
8. Zhurenko V.V. (2016). Porivnjalʹna efektyvnistʹ metodiv diahnostyky kryptosporydiozu teljat. [Corresponding effectiveness of methods for diagnostics of cryptosporidosis in calves.] Naukovo-techničnyj bjuletenʹ Instytutu biolohiï tvaryn i Deržavnoho naukovo-doslidnoho kontrolʹnoho instytutu veterynarnych preparativ i kormovych dobavok. [Scientific and technical bulletin of the Institute of Biology of Tvarin and the State Scientific and Preliminary Control Institute of Veterinary Drugs and Feed Additives], 17.No 2. 135-137 [in Ukraine].
9. Krasnova O.P., Laryonov C.B., Rozovenko M.V. (2002). Dynamyka epyzootyčeskoho processa pry kryptosporydyoze teljat. Veterynaryja. [Veterinary]. Kishinev: SKP. № 4. 32-33 [in Russian].
10. Osypenko R.V., Maksyna T.P. (2012). Novyj sposob očystky y vydelenyja oocyst kryptosporydyj y druhych vydov kokcydyj yz byolohyčeskych substratov. [A new method for purification and isolation of oocysts of Cryptosporidium and other types of coccidia from biological substrates]. Aktualʹnye problemy veterynarnoj medycyny [Actual problems of veterinary medicine], Ulyanovsk: Research Institute. № 2. 141-146 [in Russian].
11. Anusz K.Z., Mason P.H., Riggs M.W., Perryman L.E. (2002). Detection of Cryptosporidium parvum oocysts in bovine feces by monoclonal antibody capture enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay. Clin. Microbiol. 28.Vol.12. 770-774.
12. Bhat, S.A., Dixit, M., Juyal, P.D., Singh, N.K. (2014). Porіvnjannja vkladenoї PLR ta mіkroskopії dlja vijavlennja kriptosporidіozu u teljat [Comparison of nested PCR and microscopy for the detection of cryptosporidiosis in bovine calves]. J. Parasit. Dis. 38(1), 101-105. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/s12639-012-0201-5.
13. Casemore D.P. (1998). Laboratory methods for diagnosing cryptosporidiosis. Clin. Patol.44. № 6. 445-451.
14. Gnanasoorian S. (1998). Detection of Cryptosporidium oocysts in faecesi comparison of convential and immunofluorescense methods. Med. Lab. Sci. 49. №3. 21l-212.
15. Hall M.C. (2001). Some Laboratory Methods for Parasitological. Investigations Araer.J. of Hyg.Vol.8. 362-375.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.