THE MECHANISM OF GLYCYRRHIZA EXTRACT AND ITS APPLICATION IN POULTRY PRODUCTION
The article presents studies of the effect of phytogenic preparations on the immune system and productivity of agricultural animals. Analysing the growing interest in the world in phytogenic drug, the article presents studies of the most popular herbal medicines- glycyrrhiza. This drug is one of the components of traditional Chinese medicinal herbs. Glycyrrhiza has the functions of invigorating qi and strengthening the spleen, expectorating phlegm and relieving cough and pain, clearing heat and detoxification, and reconciling the properties of medicine. Traditionally, this drug has been used for the prevention and treatment of humans as anti-tumor, anti-inflammatory, anti-viral, liver protection, skin care. It is known that glycyrrhiza residues in animal products do not have side effects on the human body, and this fact draws even more attention to the wider use of glycyrrhiza in modern animal husbandry. However, some of the active components of glycyrrhiza, at the moment, are not fully research. The extraction process is also being studied. The mechanism of disease resistance and treatment with this drug are currently not very clear. As a result, the drug is not widely used in animal husbandry and poultry farming. Glycyrrhiza contains triterpene saponins, flavonoids, polysaccharides and other biologically active substances that are beneficial to the body. Possessing a complex of unique properties, such as: antioxidant, antibacterial, antiviral, antitumor, anti-inflammatory, as well as the ability to regulate the immune and biological activity of the body, control blood sugar levels, it is increasingly attracting attention to itself. This article reviews the chemical composition, mechanism of action and application of glycyrrhiza in poultry production, in order to provide a reference for the application of glycyrrhiza extract in poultry production.
2. Xiang Jing. Research on the effect of glycyrrhiza miRNA on gene expression profile of human immune cells[D]. Guangdong Pharmaceutical University, 2017.
3. Deng Taomei, Peng Can, Peng Daiyin, Yu Nianjun, Chen Weidong, Wang Lei. Research progress on the chemical constituents and pharmacological effects of glycyrrhiza and discussion of quality markers [J]. Chinese Journal of Chinese Materia Medica, online first, 2021-03-08
4. Tian Wusheng. The chemical composition and clinical research overview of glycyrrhiza [J]. Clinical Research of Traditional Chinese Medicine, 2012, 4(16): 31-32.
5. Smith Peter Andrey. The tantalizing links between gut microbes and the brain.[J]. Nature, 2015, 526(7573) : 312-4.
6. Seon M R , Park S Y , Kwon S J , et al. Hexane/ethanol extract of Glycyrrhiza uralensis and its active compound isoangustone A induce G1 cycle arrest in DU145 human prostate and 4T1 murine mammary cancer cells[J]. Journal of Nutritional Biochemistry, 2012, 23(1):85-92.
7. Xu Shumei, Zhou Lei, Liu Zhuogang, Chen Bo, Li Yang. Glycyrrhetinic acid induces U266 cell apoptosis and its effect on Survivin expression[J]. Chinese Journal of Experimental Hematology, 2011,19(03):652-655 .
8. Lee CS,Kim YJ,Lee MS,et al. 18β-Glycyrrhetinic acid induces apoptotic cell death in SiHa cells and exhibits a synergistic effect against antibiotic anti-cancer drug toxicity[J]. Life Sciences, 2008, 83(13-14):481-489.
9. Xiao X Y , Hao M , Yang X Y , et al. Licochalcone A inhibits growth of gastric cancer cells by arresting cell cycle progression and inducing apoptosis[J]. Cancer Letters, 2011, 302(1):69-75.
10. Chu X T , Cruz J D L , Hwang S G , et al. Tumorigenic effects of endocrine-disrupting chemicals are alleviated by glycyrrhiza (Glycyrrhiza glabra) root extract through suppression of AhR expression in mammalian cells.[J]. Asian Pacific Journal of Cancer Prevention Apjcp, 2014, 15(12):4809-13.
11. Yan Shu, Gu Dawei, Chen Zhimin, Zhou Ming, Shi Hui, Wang Yang, Wu Yuchen, Cai Yunqing. Glycyrrhizin inhibits the invasion and metastasis of human melanoma A375 cells by regulating miRNA[J]. Journal of Nanjing Medical University (Natural Science Edition) ), 2015, 35(02):263-269.
12. Yuxin L , Sirou X , Yu W , et al. Liquiritigenin Inhibits Tumor Growth and Vascularization in a Mouse Model of Hela Cells[J]. Molecules, 2012, 17(6):7206-7216.
13. Wang Y, Xie S, Liu C, et al . Inhibitory Effect of Liquiritigenin on Migration Via Downregulation ProMMP-2 and PI3K/Akt Signaling Pathway in Human Lung Adenocarcinoma A549 cells[J]. Nutrition & Cancer, 2012, 64(4):627-634.
14. Ma J , Fu N Y , Pang D B , et al. Apoptosis induced by isoliquiritigenin in human gastric cancer MGC-803 cells.[J]. Planta Medica, 2001, 67(08):754-757.
15. Wang Cunliang. Anti-tumor effect of combination of glycyrrhiza flavonoids and cyclophosphamide[J]. Chinese Journal of Hospital Pharmacy, 2011(22):1877-1880.
16. Tao Yuzhu. Study on the effects of Codonopsis pilosula and glycyrrhiza extracts on the signal pathway of IEC-6 cell migration polyamine regulation [D]. Guangzhou University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, 2013.
17. Si-Rou, Xie, Yu, et al. Liquiritigenin Inhibits Serum-induced HIF-1α and VEGF Expression via the AKT/mTOR-p70S6K Signalling Pathway in HeLa Cells[J]. Phytotherapy Research, 2011.
18. Zhang Yiping. Research on mechanism of glycyrrhizin biotransformation and prevention and treatment of tumors and chronic liver injury[D]. 2016.
19. Hong Y K , Wu H T , Ma T , et al. Effects of Glycyrrhiza glabra polysaccharides on immune and antioxidant activities in high-fat mice[J]. International Journal of Biological Macromolecules, 2009, 45(1):61-64.
20. Kang Jinsen, Cheng Lufeng, Yang Jian, Tao Yicun, Hu Jian. The effect of total flavonoids of glycyrrhiza on skin aging[J]. Shandong Medicine, 2012, 52(42): 34-35.
21. Sun Guoqing, Luo Zhengli. Anti-aging effect of glycyrrhizin on aging model rats[J]. Chinese Journal of Gerontology, 2014, 34(07): 1895-1896.
22. Lian Yijun, Liu Hong, Ma Yanmei, Sun Ping, Li Bingqi. Study on the separation, purification and antioxidant activity of polysaccharides from glycyrrhiza residue with macroporous resin[J]. Journal of Shihezi University (Natural Science Edition), 2015, 33(03) ):351-356.
23. Chang Jing. Study on the extraction, content determination and antioxidant activity of flavonoids in glycyrrhiza [D]. North University of China, 2014.
24. Xue Wei. Extraction, structure analysis and activity study of glycyrrhiza polysaccharides[D]. Tianjin University of Science and Technology, 2019.
25. Liu Jiao. Study on the effect of Dioscorea opposita with glycyrrhiza on oxidative stress and the expression of CYP1A2 and CYP2E1 protein in rat liver[D]. Fujian University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, 2014.
26. Kim Y W , Kim Y M , Yang Y M , et al. Inhibition of LXRα-Dependent Steatosis and Oxidative Injury by Liquiritigenin, a glycyrrhiza Flavonoid, as Mediated with Nrf2 Activation.[J]. Antioxidants & Redox Signaling, 2011.
27. Hu Huiping. Research progress on the antiviral effects of glycyrrhiza[J]. China Journal of Traditional Chinese Medicine, 2004, 15(8): 6-10.
28. Shen Qiaofeng. Comparison of the efficacy of different glycyrrhizic acid drugs in the treatment of chronic hepatitis B[J]. Strait Pharmacy, 2012, 24(07):101-103.
29. Wu Chengjiu. Observation on the curative effect of compound glycyrrhizin on chronic hepatitis B[J]. China Journal of Modern Medicine, 2012, 14(10): 25-27.
30. Liu Hualong. Study on the efficacy of compound glycyrrhizin in the treatment of chronic hepatitis B against liver fibrosis[J]. Journal of Clinical Rational Use, 2012, 5(24): 10-11.
31. Zhao Fei, Zhang Fengbin, Zhou Yonghong, Zhang Li, Wang Yingying, Zhang Ruixing. Observation on the effect of diammonium glycyrrhizinate on liver injury induced by carbon tetrachloride in rats[J]. Liver, 2012, 17(02): 115-117 .
32. Renjie L , Shidi S , Changsen S . Protective effect of Glycyrrhiza glabra polysaccharides against carbon tetrachloride-induced liver injury in rats[J]. African Journal of Microbiology Research, 2010, 4(16):1784-1787.
33. Chen Yunhua, Wan Xin, Sun Jianning, Wang Wenquan, Zhang Shuofeng. Comparison of the protective effects of glycyrrhizic acid, glycyrrhizin, and isoliquiritin on acetaminophen human liver cell injury model[J]. Chinese Journal of Experimental Prescriptions, 2012, 18 (04):245-248.
34. Jing Jing. Research on the Intervention Effect and Mechanism of Total Flavonoids of glycyrrhiza on Non-alcoholic Fatty Liver[D]. Ningxia Medical University, 2015.
35. Huang Qunrong, Ma Zhe. Research progress on the pharmacological effects of glycyrrhizic acid[J]. Drug Evaluation Research, 2011, 34(05):384-387.
36. Liu Liping, Ren Cuiai, Zhao Hongyan. Research progress in the immunomodulatory effects of glycyrrhizic acid[J]. Chinese Journal of Experimental Formulas, 2010, 016(006):272-276.
37. Li Entao. Preparation of glycyrrhiza Polysaccharide Liposomes and Study on Its Immunoenhancing Effect[D]. Nanjing Agricultural University, 2016.
38. Wang Lirong, Li Jie, Dong Yongjun, Hang Bolin, Liu Xingchang. The effect of glycyrrhiza polysaccharides on the growth performance and cellular immunity of mice[J]. Northwest Agricultural Journal, 2007(01): 220-222.
39. Hong Y K , Wu H T , Ma T , et al. Effects of Glycyrrhiza glabra polysaccharides on immune and antioxidant activities in high-fat mice[J]. International Journal of Biological Macromolecules, 2009, 45(1):61-64.[J].Agricultural Science & Technology,2008(02):129-131.
40. Li Fasheng, Zhao Jue, Chi Xiaofeng, Yang Bo, Yan Xiaomei, Liu Hairi. The effect of glycyrrhiza polysaccharide on immune regulation in mice[J]. China Journal of Information on Traditional Chinese Medicine, 2009, 16(06): 35-36 .
41. Xu Pengcheng. The effect of glycyrrhiza and its miRNA on the intestinal flora and immunity of mice [D]. Guangdong Pharmaceutical University, 2018.
42. Guo Ao. glycyrrhiza and its components promote the production and function of Treg cells and the observation of M-phase haploid stem cells[D]. University of Science and Technology of China, 2016.
43. Ji-Yeon Kim,Seung Jae Park,Kyung-Jin Yun,Young-Wuk Cho,Hee-Juhn Park,Kyung-Tae Lee. Isoliquiritigenin isolated from the roots of Glycyrrhiza uralensis inhibits LPS-induced iNOS and COX-2 expression via the attenuation of NF-κB in RAW 264.7 macrophages[J]. European Journal of Pharmacology,2008,584(1).
44. Mengying Wei,Yinghui Ma,Yuanyuan Liu,Yuan Zhou,Lihui Men,Kexin Yue,Zifeng Pi,Zhiqiang Liu,Zhongying Liu. Urinary metabolomics study on the anti-inflammation effects of flavonoids obtained from Glycyrrhiza.[J]. Journal of Chromatography B,2018,1086.
45. Qu Xiaomei, Jin Zhongtai, Shang Yanhua, Cai Yan. Experimental study on the anti-inflammatory effect of glycyrrhiza decoction[J]. Practical Medicines and Clinics, 2005(05): 14-16.
46. Wu Minman, Guo Zhaogang. Experimental study on the prevention and treatment of allergic rhinitis with glycyrrhiza extract[J]. Chinese National Folk Medicine, 2010, 19(05): 37-39.
47. Dong Jinxiang, Deng Yi, Liu Liang, Zhao Ni, Man Qiong, Wu Guoxia, Yang Zhijun. Effects of Gansu wild glycyrrhiza endophyte fermentation broth and host decoction, total flavonoids, and total saponins on the secretion of inflammatory factors in raw264.7 induced by LPS Influence[J]. Northern Pharmaceutical Sciences,2016,13(07):137-138.
48. Wang Liyao. Study on the chemical constituents of the ethyl acetate part of Glycyrrhiza Uralensis leaves[D]. Lanzhou University, 2020.
49. Zhao Yunsheng, Mao Fuying, Zhao Qipeng, et al. Research on the anti-inflammatory and anti-gastric ulcer effects of glycyrrhiza polysaccharide [J]. Asia-Pacific Traditional Medicine,
2015, 11(9): 12-14.
50. Tanaka A , Shibamoto T. Antioxidant and Antiinflammatory Activities of glycyrrhiza Root( Glycyrrhiza uralensis ): Aroma Extract[J]. Acs Symposium Series, 2009, 993: 229-237.
51. Liu Yuanyuan. Pharmacodynamics and metabonomics of Gancao Fuzi Decoction in the treatment of rheumatism[D]. Jilin: Jilin University. 2016.
52.Wei M Y, Ma Y H, Liu Y Y, et al. Urinary metabolomics study on the anti-inflammation effects of flavonoids obtained from Glycyrrhiza[J]. Journal of Chromatography B Analytical Technologies in the Biomedical & Life Sciences, 2018, 1086: 1-10.
53. Zhao Jie, Yu Linzhong, Fang Fang, Xu Wenjie, Luo Jiabo. Research on the anti-inflammatory effect and mechanism of ephedra-glycerin herb on [J]. Chinese Journal of Experimental Formulas, 2012, 18(15): 163-166.
54. Sun Xiangyang, Deng Yi. Overview of the main pharmacological effects of glycyrrhiza polysaccharides[J]. Chinese community physician (medical specialty),2011,13(24):179-180.
55. He Dan. The effect of glycyrrhiza extract and its three main components on the function and expression of P-gp on Caco-2 cell membrane [D]. Central South University, 2010.
56. Sun Yun, Ainuer Wumaier, Yan Xuehua, Zhao Hu. Research progress on extraction methods and pharmacological effects of glycyrrhiza flavonoids[J]. Xinjiang Traditional Chinese Medicine, 2009, 27(01): 72-75.
57. Song Wei,Si Longlong,Ji Shuai,Wang Han,Fang Xiao-mei,Yu Li-yan,Li Ren-yong,Liang Li-na,Zhou Demin,Ye Min. Uralsaponins M-Y, antiviral triterpenoid saponins from the roots of Glycyrrhiza uralensis.[J]. Journal of natural products,2014,77(7).
58. Liu Yi. Study on the antibacterial activity of glycyrrhiza extracts and effective ingredients[D]. Yanbian University, 2013.
59. Zhang Yujiong, He Yanli, Li Hongwen. Study on the antibacterial activity and stability of alcohol extract of glycyrrhiza[J]. Jiangsu Traditional Chinese Medicine,2012,44(08):68-70.
60. Dushkin M , Khrapova M , Kovshik G , et al. Effects of rhaponticum carthamoides versus glycyrrhiza glabra and punica granatum extracts on metabolic syndrome signs in rats[J]. BMC Complementary and Alternative Medicine,14,1(2014-01-20), 2014, 14(1):33-33.
61. Zhao Haiyan, Wang Yong, Wu Liwu, Ma Yongping. The effect of glycyrrhiza flavonoids on blood glucose and blood lipids in type 2 diabetic rats [J]. Chinese Journal of Diabetes, 2012, 20(01): 65-69.
62. Hua Bing. Research on the effect and mechanism of glycyrrhiza total flavonoids in lowering blood lipid[D]. Ningxia Medical University, 2015.
63. Zeng Lan. Extraction, purification and structure study of α-glucosidase inhibitor in glycyrrhiza [D]. South China University of Technology, 2012.
64. Peng Lei. Study on the structural modification and biological activity of glycyrrhetinic acid[D]. Jilin Agricultural University, 2016.
65.Park HG,Bak EJ,Woo GH,et al. Licochalcone E has an an-tidiabetic effect [J].J Nutr Biochem, 2012, 23(7):759-767.
66. Zhao Weide. Study on the extraction, evaluation and application of active ingredients in glycyrrhiza and salvia miltiorrhiza[D]. Nanjing University of Science and Technology, 2016.
67. Bian Fang. Preliminary exploration of protective effects of water extracts such as glycyrrhiza on UVB-induced skin photoaging in BALB/c mice[D]. Lanzhou University, 2011.
68. Nerya O , Vaya J , Musa R , et al. Glabrene and isoliquiritigenin as tyrosinase inhibitors from glycyrrhiza roots.[J]. J Agric Food Chem, 2003, 51(5):1201-1207.
69. Wu Hua, Zhang Hui, Duan Qihui. The effect of glycyrrhiza residue on the quality of grazing broiler chicken[J]. Journal of Qinghai University (Natural Science Edition), 2010, 28(03): 58-61.
70. Shao Qi, Zhang Cai, Niu Yale, Zhang Xianmin, Wang Hongwei, Wang Jicang, Yang Zijun. The effect of glycyrrhiza cream on growth performance and antioxidant capacity of broilers[J]. Feed Industry, 2016, 37(08): 41-44 .
71. Yi Lei, Shi Yu, Liu Guang, Lin Luying, Wu Yi, Liu Jiaguo, Hu Yuanliang, Wang Deyun. Study on the antioxidant activity of glycyrrhiza polysaccharides in chickens[J]. Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Medicine, 2019, 51(02): 110- 113.
72. Dong Yongjun, Wang Lirong, Qi Yonghua, An Zhixing, Yao Sixin, Liu Xingyou. Study on the regulation of glycyrrhiza polysaccharides on the intestinal microbes of broilers[J]. Food and Feed Industry, 2012(04): 47-49.
73. Wang Lirong, Dong Yongjun, Hu Jianhe, Wang Xianwen, Hang Bolin. The effect of glycyrrhiza polysaccharide on the antibody titer and body weight of Newcastle disease in chicks[J]. Northwest Agricultural Journal, 2011, 20(06): 55-57.
74. Zhang Rui, Zhao Jinghui, Wang Yingping, Yan Meixia, Liu Hongqun, Chen Shaolin. glycyrrhiza residues and stems and leaves of Atractylodes radiata affect the production performance and immunity of Muscovy ducks
75. Ma Lu, Zhang Cai, Yang Zijun, Li Chenxu, Chen Wenbin, Dai Jingjing, Ma Yanbo, Liu Yan. The effect of glycyrrhiza polysaccharide on the immune function of broilers[J]. Chinese Veterinary Science, 2020, 50(09):1198- 1206.
76. Zhang Cai, Ma Lu, Yang Zijun, Dai Jingjing, Ma Yanbo, Liu Yan, Wang Guoyong. The effect of glycyrrhiza polysaccharides on growth performance and serum biochemical indexes of broilers[J]. Journal of Henan University of Science and Technology (Natural Science Edition), 2021,42(02):88-93+9-10.