THE ELECTRON BEAM METHOD FOR FORMATION OF THE ALUMINUM-COPPER JOINTS
A method for obtaining an aluminum-copper compound is proposed, which consists in the simultaneous irradiation of aluminum and copper plates with a pulse of a high-power electron beam. As a result, the aluminum material sprayed by the beam is deposited on the surface of the copper substrate, which is also activated by the electron beam. The coating has areas of greater and lesser penetration of aluminum into copper. A numerical estimate of the temperature distribution and displacement fields of the copper sub-strate material is made. Metallographic researches, energy dispersion analysis and fractographic researches are carried out. The conclusion about expediency of development of such approach for practical applications is made.
2. R.S. Chopde, S.P. Gadewar, M.P. Khond, M.J . Rathod / Study on Laser beam Welding of Copper and Aluminum joint // IOSR Journal of Mechanical and Civil Engineering (IOSR-JMCE) e-ISSN: 2278-1684,p-ISSN: 2320-334X PP. 65-74 6th National Conference RDME 2017, 17th- 18th March 2017.
3. D.S. Chaudhari Joining of aluminum to copper by friction stri welding // International Journal of Innovative Research in Advanced Engineering (IJIRAE) ISSN: 2349-2163 Volume 1 Issue 8 (September 2014).- p.18-21
4. C. Otten, U. Reisgen, M. Schmachtenberg Electron beam welding of aluminum to copper: mechanical properties and their relation to microstructure Welding in the World .-2016, Volume 60, Iss. 1, pp 21–31
5. A.G. Kobets et al. Melting effects of high-current relativistic electron beam on aluminum alloy 1933 // Surface Engineering and Applied Electrochemistry. 2015, v. 51, N 5, p. 478–482.
6. S.Ye. Donets et al / Aluminum surface coating of copper using high-current electron beam // Problems of atomic science and technology.-No4(98). Ser. Plasma electr. & new meth. of Acc. Iss. 9-2015 p.302-305
7. A. Weisenburger, W. An, V. Engelko, A. Heinzel, A. Jianu, F. Lang, G. Mueller, F. Zimmermann. Intense Pulsed Electron Beams Application of Modi-fied Materials // Acta Physica Polonica A. 2009, № 6, v. 115, p. 1053-1055.
8. S.Donets, V.Klepikov, O.Startsev, V.Uvarov, Yu.Lonin / Formation of Aluminum-Copper Composite Using High-Current Electron Beam Irradiation // Proceedings of the 2019 IEEE 9th International Conference on Nanomaterials: Applications and Properties, NAP 2019 9075689
9. V.F. Klepikov, V.V.Lytvynenko, Yu.F.Lonin, A.G.Ponomarev, O.G.Tolstolutskiy, V.V.Uvarov, V.T.Uvarov / The dynamics of the gas – plasma torch induced by the high current REB on solid state targets // Problems of atomic science and technology. Ser. Plasm. phys. № 1(59) .-is.15.-2009.- p.119-121
10. W. An, Ya. E. Krasik, R. Fetzer, B. Bazylev, G. Mueller, A. Weisenburger, V. Bernshtam / Characterization of high-current electron beam interaction with metal targets // Journal of Applied Physics 110, 093304 (2011); doi: 10.1063/1.3660764
11. Xiangdong Kang, Katsumi Masugata and Kiyoshi Yatsui Ablation Plasma Temperature Produced by Intense, Pulsed, Ion-Beam Evaporation // Japanese Journal of applied physics .-v.33.-p.2.-№ 78
12. V. B. Tarel’nyk, O. P. Gaponova, Ye. V. Konoplyanchenko, and M. Ya. Dovzhyk, Investigation of Regularities of the Processes of Formation of Surface Layers with Electroerosive Alloying. Part I, Metallofiz. Noveishie Tekhnol., 38, No. 12: 1611—1633 (2016) (in Russian)
13. V.F. Klepikov et al. Physical and mechanical properties of titanium alloy VT1-0 after high-current electron beam irradiation // Problems of Atomic Science and Technology. 2015, N 2, p. 39-42.
14. Zenker, R. Modern Thermal Electron Beam Processes—Research Results and Industrial Application. Metallurgia Italiana, 101, 2009 1-8.
15. A E Mayer, E N Borodin, V S Krasnikov, P N Mayer / Numerical modelling of physical processes and structural changes in metals under intensive irradiation with use of CRS code: dislocations, twinning, evaporation and stress waves // Journal of Physics: Conference Series 552 (2014) 012002