The influence of linear conformation traits on the condition of milk productiviti of cows firstborn Ukrainian black-and-white and red-and-white dairy breeds
The researches were conducted in the aspect of determining the degree of influence of linear traits on the level of milk productivity of cows of Ukrainian dairy breeds. Experimental data were based on materials obtained in herds of pedigree farms for breeding Ukrainian Black-and-White dairy breed of AF "Mayak" in Zolotoniskyi district of Cherkasy region and LLC "Vladana" Sumy district in Sumy region and farms for breeding of Ukrainian Red-and-White dairy breed of PF AF "Mayak" Cherkasy region and LLC "Mlynivskyi complex" Romenskyi district in Sumy region.According to the variance analysis, found reliable influence of three groups of linear traits and overall assessment on a 100-point scale by the amount of milk yield of cows firstborn for 305 days of lactation.The milk yield of the firstborn of Ukrainian Black-and-White dairy breed of the "Mayak" pedigree farm depended on 33.2% of traits that characterize the dairy type in the complex, 20.6% - development of the body and 19.9% - morphological traits of the udder. An analysis of the power of influence of linear traits on the milk productivity level of the PF "Vladana" cows showed a reliable influence of group complexes of traits characterizing the dairy type, body and udder to yield, respectively - 26.3%, 12.6% and 12.7%.
According to cows assessment of Ukrainian Red-and-White dairy breed, the highest degree of influence on the milk yield variability of the firstborn of "Mayak" and LLC "Mlynivskyi complex" was due traits characterizing the dairy type on (25.7% and 26.8%), udder (20.4% and 30.9%) and the overall estimation for conformation type (27.4% and 29.5%), respectively.
Indicators of variance analysis showed that the milk yield of firstborn cows of both breeds in controlled herds also sufficiently depending on the level of descriptive traits estimation, especially such as height, body depth, angularity, rear width, front and rear udder attachment, central ligament, and locomotion. The fat content of milk didn't depend on the score level of both group and descriptive traits.The presence of influence of linear traits on the milk yield of firstborn cows testified to the effectiveness of breeding of Ukrainian Black-and-White and Red-and-White dairy breeds estimated by the method of linear classification.
2. Ladyka, V. I., Khmelnychyi, L. M. and Salohub, A. M., 2010. Spoluchna minlyvist' statey ekster’yeru koriv z molochnoyu produktyvnistyu [Connective variability of cows conformation traits with milk productivity]. Zbirnyk naukovykh prats Bilotserkivskoho NAU. Tekhnolohiia vyrobnytstva i pererobky produktsii tvarynnytstva. Bila Tserkva, issue 3(72), pp. 9-11.
3. Merkur’eva, E. K., 1977. Geneticheskie osnovy seleksii v skotovodstve [Genetic principles of selection in livestock]. M.: Kolos.
4. Khmel'nychyy, L. M., Ladyka, V. I., Polupan, Yu. P. and Salohub, A. M., 2008. Metodyka liniynoyi klasyfikatsiyi koriv molochnykh i molochno-m’yasnykh porid za typom [The method of linear classification cows of dairy and dairy-beef breeds by type]. Sumy: “Mriya–1”.
5. Plokhinskiy, N. A., 1964. Nasleduemost' [Heritability]. Novosibirsk.
6. Polupan, Yu. P., 2000. Povtoryaemost' i vzaimosvyaz' instrumental'noy i glazomernoy otsenki ekster'era krupnogo rogatogo skota [Repeatability and relationship of instrumental and visual assessment of cattle]. Sel'skokhozyaystvennaya biologiya, no. 2, pp. 108–114.
7. Polupan, Yu. P., 2013. Ontogenetic and breeding regularities formation of economically useful traits of Dairy cattle. Thesis of the doctor of agricultural sciences. Institute of Animals breeding and Genetics NAAS. Chubynske.
8. Ladyka, V. I., Khmel'nychyі, L. M., Burkat, V. P. and Ruban, S. Yu., 2010. Reyestratsiya ICAR. Dovidnyk [Registration ICAR. Reference book]. Sumy: Sums'kyy Natsional'nyy Ahrarnyy Universytet. 457.
9. Khmelnychyi, L. M., 2018. Uspadkovuvanist' ta korelyatsiyna minlyvist' liniynykh oznak ekster"yeru koriv-pervistok ukrayins'koyi chervono-ryaboyi molochnoyi porody Cherkashchyny [Herinability and correlative variability of conformation linear traits of first-born cows of Ukrainian Red-and-White dairy breed in Cherkasy region]. Visnyk Khersonskoho derzhavnoho ahrarnoho universytetu. Kherson, issue 11, pp. 73-75.
10. Khmelnychyi, L. M., and Vechorka, V. V., 2017. Zhyttiezdatnist koriv ukrainskykh chorno-riaboi ta chervono-riaboi molochnykh porid zalezhno vid otsinky liniinykh oznak eksterieru [Viability of cows of Ukrainian Black- and Red-and-White dairy breeds depending on the assessment of linear traits of the conformation]. Visnyk Sumskoho natsionalnoho ahrarnoho universytetu. Seriia "Tvarynnytstvo», issue 7(33), pp. 48-58.
11. Khmelnychyi, L. M. and Vechorka, V. V., 2008. Osoblyvosti budovy tila koriv ukrayins'koyi chorno-ryaboyi molochnoyi ta holshtyns'koyi porid [Features of the body structure cows of Ukrainian Black-and-White dairy and Holstein breeds]. Rozvedennia i henetyka tvaryn, issue 42, pp. 318–326.
12. Khmelnychyi, L. M. and Vechorka, V. V., 2015. Spoluchena minlyvist' promiriv ta indeksiv budovy tila z nadoyem koriv ukrayins'koyi chorno-ryaboyi molochnoyi porody [Correlative variability of measurements and body structure indexes with cow’s milk yield of Ukrainian Black-and-White dairy breed]. Rozvedennia i henetyka tvaryn, issue 50, pp. 96–102.
13. Khmelnychyi, L. M. and Vechorka, V. V., 2017. Tryvalist zhyttia koriv ukrainskoi chervono-riaboi molochnoi porody zalezhno vid otsinky liniinykh oznak [Life expectancy of cows of the Ukrainian Red-and-White dairy breed, depending on the assessment of linear traits]. Rozvedennia i henetyka tvaryn, issue 53, pp. 197-208.
14. Khmel'nichiy, L. M. and Vecherka, V. V., 2016. Nasleduemost' priznakov lineynoy otsenki tipa korov ukrainskikh molochnykh porod [Heritability of a linear type traits assessment of cows of Ukrainian dairy breeds]. Genetika i razvedenie zhivotnykh: Sankt-Peterburg, Pushkin, «OOO Borvik Poligrafiya», no. 4, pp. 57–61.
15. Khmel'nychyi, L. M., Salohub, A. M., Khmel'nychyi, S. L. and Loboda, A.V., 2018. Spivvidnosna minlyvist' ta uspadkovuvanist' liniynykh oznak ekster’yeru koriv sums'koho vnutrishn'oporodnoho typu ukrayins'koyi chorno-ryaboyi molochnoyi porody [Correlative variability and heritability of linear traits of the conformation, cow's of the Sumy intrabreed type of the Ukrainian Black-and-White dairy breed]. Visnyk Sumskoho natsionalnoho ahrarnoho universytetu. Seriia "Tvarynnytstvo», issue 2 (34), pp. 92–96.
16. Berry, D.P., Harris, B.L.; Winkelman, A.M., and Montgomerie, W., 2005. Phenotypic associations between traits other than production and longevity in New Zealand dairy cattle. Journal of Dairy Science, issue 88, pp. 2962-2974.
17. ICAR Recording Guidelines approved by the General Assembly held in Berlin, Germany, on May 2014. Copyright: 2014, ICAR. 618.
18. Onyiro, O.M., and Brotherstone S., 2008. Genetic Analysis of Locomotion and Associated Conformation Traits of Holstein-Friesian Dairy Cows Managed in Different Housing Systems. Journal of Dairy Science, Vol. 91, issue 1, pp.322–328.
19. Wiggans, G.R., Thornton L.L.M., Neitzel R.R., and Gengler N., 2006. Genetic Parameters and Evaluation of Rear Legs (Rear View) for Brown Swiss and Guernseys. Journal of Dairy Science, vol. 89, issue 12, pp. 4895–4900.
20. Zavadilová, L., Němcová E., Štípková M., and Bouška J., 2009. Relation ships between longevity and conformation traits in Czech Fleckvieh cows. Czech Journal of Dairy Science, issue 54(9), pp. 387–394.