Coefficients of Welsh sows multiplicity phenotypic consolidation
The aim of the research, the results of which are presented in the article, was to study the effect of sows and boars age on their multiplicity, taking into account the season of the year and the age of the animals. The studies were conducted in the research farm of SE “Gontarivka” of the Volchansky district of Kharkiv region. Natural breeding of sows is used for reproduce on the farm. The insemination of sows was carried out according to the scheme of studies. 35 head of sows and 4 boars of different ages and live weights were selected. Four groups of uterus were formed. In order to study the impact of the season of the year on sow productivity, the first series of studies were conducted in the autumn, the second series - in the spring according to the same scheme. The same animals used in both series of studies. For different animal groups, multiplicity ranged from 10.56 to 11.78 heads. The best group (uterus at 18 months of age in winter farrowing) outperformed the inferiority group of the worse group (uterus at the age of 24 months in summer farrowing) by 11.55% (p <0.05). At the same time, in summer the values of multiplicity (11.26 ± 0.189 piglets per uterus) were obtained by 1.81%, compared to winter piglets (11.06 ± 0.189 piglets per uterus), although the difference was not probable. Within the individual series of studies, the best values of multiplicity were obtained by using age boars (48 months), although the differences were also not significant. Possible differences were found between young uterus (18 months) inseminated by adult boars (48 months) in summer farrowing and young uterus (18 months) inseminated by young boars (18 months) in winter farrowing. These differences were at the level of 4.68% (p <0.05). The relatively consolidated multiplicity index (to determine phenotypic consolidation coefficients in both ways) was obtained in only one group of animals - middle-aged sows (24 months) for insemination by middle-aged boars (24 months) during summer farrowing. The least consolidated (by determining the phenotypic consolidation coefficients in both ways) were the multiplicity rates of age uterus (48 months) for their insemination by age boars (48 months) in both summer and winter periods.
2. McIntyre, B.D., Herren, H.R., Wakhungu and J., Watson R.T., 2009. Synthesis Report. International Assessment of Agricultural Knowledge, Science and Technology for Development (IAASTD). Washington: Island Press, 106 p.
3. Schneider, Uwe A., Pushpam, K., 2008. Greenhouse gas emission mitigation through agriculture [online] Choices. Vol. 23, issue 1. – Available at: http:// purl.umn.edu/94500 [Accessed 01 December 2019].
4. Mekonnen, M.M., Hoekstra, A.Y., 2010. The green, blue and grey water footprint of farm animals and animal products [online]. Value of Water Res. Rep. Ser. – UNESCO-IHE, Delft. – The Netherlands. no. 48. Available at: http://www. unesco-ihe.org/Value-of-water-reserach-reportseries/Research_Papers [Accessed 01 December 2019].
5. Hladiy, M.V., Polupan, Y.P., Kovtun, S.I., Kuzebnij, S.V., Vyshnevskiy, L.V., Kopylov, K.V. and Shcherbak О.V. 2018. Scientific and organizational aspects of generation, genetics, reproduction biotechnology and protection of the genofonds in livestock breeding. Animal Breeding and Genetics, issue 56, pp. 5-14. doi: 10.31073/abg.56.01.
6. Vashchenko, O., 2017. Сombinational ability of specialized breeds and types of pigs in industrial crossbreeding. Animal Breeding and Genetics, issue 53, pp. 84-90. doi: 10.31073/abg.53.11.
7. Khramkova, О.М., 2019. Vidtvoryuval`ni yakosti svynomatok za riznykh poyednan` porid i typiv [Reproductive qualities of sows in different combinations of breeds and types]. Theoretical and Applied Veterinary Medicine, issue 7(2), pp. 115-119. DOI 10.32819/2019.71021.
8. Tsereniuk, O.M., Akimov, O.V., Shkavro, N.V.and Chereuta, YU.V., 2019. Indeksy budovy tila dvoporodnykh remontnykh svynok ta svynomatok [Body structure indices for two-offspring pigs and sows.]. Naukovo-tekhnichnyy byuleten` IT NAAN, issue 122 pp. 248-257. DOI 10.32900/2312-8402-2019-122-248-257.
9. Martinyuk, І.М., Tsereniuk, O.M., Akimov, O.V., 2019 Zaplidnenist` ta bahatoplidnist` svynomatok zalezhno vid kratnosti osimeninnya u rizni pory roku [Fertilization and multiplicity of sows depending on the frequency of insemination at different times of the year]. Naukovo-tekhnichnyy byuleten` IT NAAN, issue 121, pp. 156-162. DOI 10.32900/2312-8402-2019-121-156-162.
10. Tsereniuk, O., Susol, R., Bordun, O., Paliy, A., Shkromada, O., Akimov, O.and Tsereniuk, M. 2019. Dependence of sows` phenotypic consolidation of productivity on the reason of their culling due in index selection. Porc Res, issue 9 (1), pp. 15-20.
11. Tsereniuk, O., Tsereniuk, M., Akimov, O., Paliy, A., Nanka, O., Shkromada, O., and Pomitun, I., 2018. Dependence of sows’ productivity on the reason of their culling, in index selection. Porc Res., issue 8 (1), pp. 17-23.
12. Hanenberg, E.H.A.T., Knol, E.F., Merks, J.W.M., 2001. Estimates of genetic parameters for reproduction traits at different parities in Dutch Landrace pigs. Livestock Production Science, issue 69 (2), pp. 179-186. DOI 10.1016/S0301-6226(00)00258-X
13. Kramarenko, S.S., Kramarenko, O.S., Luhovyy, S.I., Lykhach, A.V. and Lykhach, V.YA. 2019. Analiz holovnykh komponent (PCA) oznak vidtvorennya svynomatok velykoyi biloyi porody [Principal Component Analysis (PCA) of sows reproduction of Large White breed]. Visnyk ahrarnoyi nauky Prychornomor`ya, issue 2, pp. 75-81. DOI 10.31521/2313-092X/2019-2(102).
14. Kopytets`, N.H., 2018. Suchasnyy stan ta tendentsiyi rozvytku rynku svynyny v Ukrayini [The current state and tendencies of pork market development in Ukraine]. Ekonomika APK, issue 11, pp. 44-54. DOI https://doi.org/10.32317/2221-1055.201811044.
15. Rukavytsya, A.A., 2016. Analiz vplyvu vykorystannya selektsiynykh (otsinochnykh) indeksiv u yakosti kryteriyiv vidboru na vidtvoryuval`ni yakosti svynomatok ukrayins`koyi m`yasnoyi porody [Analysis of the influence of the use of breeding (evaluation) indices as selection criteria on reproductive qualities of sows of Ukrainian Meat breed]. Naukovo-tekhnichnyy byuleten` IT NAAN, issue 115, pp. 195-202.
16. Tsereniuk, O.M., Khvatov, A.I., Stryzhak, T.A., Kovalenko, V.P., 2010. Ob'yektyvna otsinka materyns`koyi produktyvnosti svyney [Objective evaluation of maternal pig productivity]. Tavriys`kyy naukovyy visnyk, issue 69, pp. 112-126.
17. Kovalenko, T.S., Surzhenko, M.V., 2013 Vyvchennya typiv uspadkuvannya polihennykh oznak produktyvnosti svyney [Study of types of inheritance of polygenic features of pig productivity]. Visnyk Sums`koho natsional`noho ahrarnoho universytetu, Seriya: Tvarynnytstvo, issue 1, pp. 76-78.
18. Young, L.D., Pumfrey, R.A., Cunningham, P.J., & Zimmerman, D.R., 1978. Heritabilities and genetic and phenotypic correlations for prebreeding traits, reproductive traits and principal components. Journal of Animal Science, issue 46 (4), pp. 937-949. DOI 10.2527/jas1978.464937x
19. Fahmy, M.H., & Bernard, C.S., 1972. Interrelations between some reproductive traits in swine. Canadian Journal of Animal Science, issue 52 (1), pp. 39-45. DOI 10.4141/cjas72-004.
20. Biensen, N.J., Haussmann, M.F., Lay, D.C., Christian, L.L., and Ford, S.P., 1999. The relationship between placental and piglet birth weights and growth traits. Animal Scienc., issue 68(4), pp. 709–715. DOI 10.1017/S1357729800050736
21. Kramarenko, S.S., Luhovyy, S.I., Lykhach, A.V., Kramarenko, O.S., Lykhach, V.YA., Kramarenko, S.S., Kramarenko, A.S., 2018. Porivnyal`nyy analiz vidtvoryuval`nykh oznak ta klasternyy analiz svyney riznykh porid [Comparative analysis of reproductive traits and cluster analysis of pigs of different breeds]. Naukovyy visnyk LNUVMB imeni S. Z. Gzhyts`koho, vol. 20, issue 84, pp. 21-26. DOI 10.15421/nvlvet8404.
22. Martynyuk, I.M., Buhrov O.D., 2015. Vplyv viku svynomatok i knuriv porody uel`s i ukrayins`ka m`yasna na vykhid porosyat v hnizdi [Influence of the age of sows and boars of the breed of Welsh and Ukrainian Meet on the output of piglets in the litter]. Mizhvid. tem. nauk. Zbirnyk Instytutu svynarstva i APV NAAN – Svynarstvo, issue 67, pp. 103–106.
23. Ibatullin I.I., Zhukors`kyy O.M. ed., 2017. Metodolohiya ta orhanizatsiya naukovykh doslidzhen` u tvarynnytstvi: posib [Methodology and organization of scientific research in animal husbandry: a tool]. Kyiv: Ahrar. nauka..
24. Polupan, YU.P., 1996. Otsenka stepeni fenotipicheskoy konsolidatsii genealogicheskikh grupp zhivotnykh [Assessment of the degree of phenotypic consolidation of genealogical groups of animals]. Zootekhníya, issue 10, pp. 13-15.
25. Plokhinskiy, N.A. 1969. Rukovodstvo po biometrii dlya zootekhnikov M. Kolos.
26. Baranovs'kiy, D.I., Khokhlov, A.M., Getmanets, O.M., 2017. Biometriya v MS Excel : ucheb. posob. Kharkív FLP Brovin A.V.